IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Diego Forlan is still playing in Brazil and is already rumored to be in talks with a bunch of other Brazilian and MLS clubs. Drogba is still a major player for Galatasaray and they won't let him come here in the middle of the season. Ronaldinho is still a major fixture as well for his club and is the same as Forlan in terms of rumors. Del Pirlo is still a major player in the A-League and they won't let him go at all. Luka Toni is doing well in Serie A right now and again, won't be let go. Eto will never be let go by Chelsea for this. Anelka is at West Brom now.<div><br></div><div>The only ones who we have a chance on are Ballack and Crespo. </div>
    7negi wrote: »
    keralakid wrote: »
    unconfirmed news about marque players
    Diago forlan
    Didier drogba
    Michael ballak
    Ronaldinho
    Delpiero
    Luka tony
    Samuel etto
    Nicholas analka
    Hernal crespo

LOL where is Saha ??

<br><div><br></div><div>He is already confirmed.</div>
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    72 foreigners !!!!<br> :-O     <br> :D
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29249 Points
    Only 7 good players and other rejected, academie rejects random africans and out of contract players
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If it is like the PLS then we could see some nice non-marquee foreigners. I remember PLS managed to get Santino Quaranta who was literally fresh out of MLS at the time (and at a reasonable age, however, only because he retired early). So we could see something good.</font>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    POTENTIAL TEAM OWNERS WHO'RE LIKELY TO BID IN THE AUCTIONS

I-LEAGUE : Pune FC-Piramals, East Bengal, JSW, Dempo-Salgaocar.

IPL : Shah Rukh Khan, GMR, Manoj Badale, Sun Group

BOLLYWOOD/CELEBRITIES:Ranbir Kapoor, John Abraham/MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Abhishek Bachchan

CORPORATES

: Tony Fernandes (Air Asia) QPR, Rana Kapoor (Yes Bank), Venugopal Dhoot (Videocon), Consortium of high-profile businessmen from Kerala, Sunil Bharti Mittal (Airtel), Anand Mahindra (Mahindra & Mahindra), Hero Group, Ronnie Screwala (UTV), Sabby Joseph (Wizcraft)

CONSORTIUM
    : Kerala-based group of businessmen

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/Henry-Owen-may-play-in-IPL-style-Indian-football-league-next-year/articleshow/24451118.cms
  • On one hand the I-League clubs oppose the tournament by not releasing players and on the other they are planning to bid for the franchisee. What hypocricy...
    ilsgautam wrote: »
    On one hand the I-League clubs oppose the tournament by not releasing players and on the other they are planning to bid for the franchisee. What hypocricy...

<br><div><br></div><div>Good chance to make money if profitable.</div>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">By the way, the wikipedia page is now created so if anyone wants to add anything then be my guest. (Before anyone asks... yes, the league page is now notable as the league passes </font><a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GNG#General_notability_guideline"; style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">WP:GNG</a><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMG-Reliance_Football_League</font></div>;
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    ilsgautam wrote: »
    On one hand the I-League clubs oppose the tournament by not releasing players and on the other they are planning to bid for the franchisee. What hypocricy...

<br><div><br></div><div>I-League clubs opposed IMG-R because they weren't consulted or allowed to be part of it....</div><div>now that IMG-R have somewhat relented...the smarter I-League clubs have realized that its better to be inside looking out than outside looking in</div>
This discussion has been closed.