IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• Regardless, who's controlling AIFF.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    IMG-R succeeding anyway. They are slowly trying to devalue I-league with next to no promotional activity , poor telecast , talking away some of the prime footballing season from I-league.
    Regardless, who's controlling AIFF.

Money , Politics!
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    It is a two-way street here. It is either the IMG-League is successful or the IMG-League is a failure and Indian football will remain a failure for a long, long time.<div><br></div><div>IMG have us on a leash right now.</div>
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    gaffertape wrote: »
    As a Bengaluru FC supporter, i don know what will happen to BFC after this IPL Football...now we are getting good crowds for the matches...there's lot of interest generated by the club via Social media..<br><br>We can get the interest and support of the people for the I League itself...BFC is a good example for that..<br><br>I don know what will be the reaction of BFC fans..if they have another team frm bangalore..to support...i really feel it will damage the interest of the fans towards BFC...<br><br>What is the exact result they are expecting from this IPL Football?    <div><br></div><div>
    </div><div><br></div><div>IMG-R aren't that stupid....</div><div>They have realized that JSW have done a good thing in a formerly footballing city like Bengaluru , so effectively BFC have done all the work for IMG-R.</div><div>They have a fan base, will invest in flood lights and stadium renovations, and already have 2 marquee Indian players in Robin & Sunil</div><div>BFC will be given the chance to ":bid" for the Bengaluru franchise </div><div><br></div><div>Word from the inside is that Salgaocar & Dempo will also have similar back room deals.</div><div><br></div><div>All these owners are pretty close to Ambani's , so sure they are in regular consultations..</div>

<br><br><br>This looks like the way they do in Subway Restaurants. whenever they open a new outlet/franchise, first offer is given to the already existing restaurant whetehr they want one more outlet/franchise. if not, then given to other bidder. Same way they will ask BFC or Goa clubs whether they want another franchise, if not then some shady businessman will come. here goal is not to sell sandwich, it is all about black money to white in the name of Football. This art is mastered by the likes of Lalit Modi in IPL.<br>
  • Who cares if they are successful or not. If they are they are going to make a lot of money and provide entertainment. It's going to be like WWF, oh now it is WWE. Bottom line, how much Indian talent is going to be spotted? Will it benefit Indian players? Will we produce better strikers and defenders? Time will tell.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Joyptan wrote: »
    IMG-R succeeding anyway. They are slowly trying to devalue I-league with next to no promotional activity , poor telecast , talking away some of the prime footballing season from I-league.

<br><br>They want to convert I-League to status of Ranji Trophy of cricket which noone watches. and IMG League to IPL.<br>
  • Do they even have a website?
    edited October 2013
    Website? I have started to think, do they even excist?
This discussion has been closed.