Bengaluru FC Season 2013-14

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i heard they are looking for replacement for meyongar.... but if they qualify for ACL they should try improve the entire foreign contingent
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Why? John Johnson and Curtis Osano have done really well this season and Jonny Menyongar has also been okay. Sean Rooney has been okay for me but based on the last few video highlights I saw he looked world-class.

I honestly don't see any replacements being needed. Maybe a younger midfielder for Menyongar but other than that they are fine. They just need to strengthen with Indian players and hopefully with the fact that players now know how professional the club is compared to some of the Kolkata and Goan clubs we can see some moves being made to make Bengaluru FC better.

Also, they need to retain Ashley Westwood, that will be ever important to the side if they want to continue their success. Good coach who came to India having messed up his first coaching stint with a lower division side but has shown how he has matured as a coach so well done Westwood... coach of the year in my book.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited April 2014
    yes they are of top quality for i league but i league happens to get a direct spot for ACL do you think they will be good enough for the competition??
  • Soumya91Soumya91 0 Points
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zah_Rahan_Krangar ... what about him?? Liberian international and has good goal tally.
    Zah Rahan is shit mate.
    @Shankar Honestly, I don't think the objective will be to do much in the Champions League. No Indian club has ever made it past the qualifiers and now with the new format no team has made it past the 1st Round of the qualifiers and these are qualifiers where we have to play teams like Muangthong United and the Melbourne Victory.

Bengaluru FC can invest in 4 United/Victory level foreigners but they would still get knocked-out because the Indians they have are just not good enough so why waste your money. The goal for Bengaluru FC should be to at least make it past the first round, be the first I-League side to win a AFC Champions League qualifier match and they can do that with the foreigners they have now but not with the Indians. Rino Anto, Darren Calderia, Hanghal, Thoi Singh, and Keegan Pereira won't get you there IMO.

Bengaluru FC are better off investing in better Indians which can help the club develop a dynasty in Indian football and perhaps slowly crawl their way into Asia.
  • Soumya91Soumya91 0 Points
    A little bold. Get Ralte
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Ralte will be gud addition and maybe nabi...with proper training and pre season game nabi can gain full fitness and form....
    shankar

rooney and jhonson are quite young means around 25 yrs old ..they will improve with age and experience so BFC shud stick with both these two...Jonny Menyongar  is ex-international player and he is the reason sunil and sean has scored tons of goals he is old but still can contibute for atleast another 2 years...so foreigners are good and changing them every year will disturb the formation and chemistry of team.....if you are aware of BFC vs MB match the you will know ODAFE look like some kid who almost every time failed to get past jhonson and osano...@rohan is right  indian players shud be improve meand they shud keep the core and bring 2-3 players who are good enough to start in playing 11....ralte and nabi could be those player provided nabi regains his form...nabi can play as striker,midfielder and defender so he can be vital for ashley....
    @gaffertape

hey man you said every foriegners and coach of BFC are having 2-3 yrs contract so all these guys are sticking to team next year or they are planning to make a move? any indication of that...