Bengaluru FC Season 2013-14

Comments

• indian_goonerindian_gooner 3407 Points
    Bangalore City is the best name.....<br><br>Are they planning to have some IPL style league...seperately from the I League?<br><br>Today I read a news abt this IPL style in Times Of India sports page, David Beckham and Raul Gonzalez will in this 2 months (only 2 months) long league....<br><br>Is it true? Need more details plzz...<br><br>I dont want to see any IPL style leagur for football, football should be run only by clubs...not any franchisees....<br><br>It will kill the existing football clubs in India...<br><br>

<br><div>can u  introduce urself in the introduction thread? yes banglore shud make the club famous to the youngsters living there by signing huge names as prayag did last season</div>
  • lithinthomaslithinthomas 237 Points
    <p>Men of Steel FC</p>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Bangalore City is the best name.....<br><br>Are they planning to have some IPL style league...seperately from the I League?<br><br>Today I read a news abt this IPL style in Times Of India sports page, David Beckham and Raul Gonzalez will in this 2 months (only 2 months) long league....<br><br>Is it true? Need more details plzz...<br><br>I dont want to see any IPL style leagur for football, football should be run only by clubs...not any franchisees....<br><br>It will kill the existing football clubs in India...<br><br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Yes, it is true. There is a thread dedicated to this as well where you can learn more. Welcome to the forum. :)</div><div><br></div><div>Also, Beckham and Raul are not coming. Beckham is fully retired and looking into becoming a football club owner while Raul is still technically contracted (and captain) of Al Sadd in Qatar.</div>
  • <p>The new club from bangalore may be named as "Bangalore United" or "Bangalore FC"</p><p>JSW ropes in Pradhyum as assistant coach</p><p>Details of Bangalore's newly-formed professional <a href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Football">football</a>; club by Jindal Steel Works (JSW) have slowly begun to surface with highly-rated Pradhyum Reddy joining <a href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/The-Outfit">the outfit</a> as the second-in-command in the coaching setup.</p><p> "Pradhyum, who was coaching DSK Shivajians, had two-to-three offers but he has accepted to work with the Jindals. He is expected to be one of the key figures in the team management," sources told TOI.</p><p>Scotland-born Pradhyum, who won the I-League Second Division with <a href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Shillong">Shillong</a>; club Lajong FC and got them promoted to the main league, is renowned for his work with development squads and will be the top Indian on the club's coaching staff.</p><p> In the overall hierarchy, he will be the assistant coach with the Bangalore-based club, who are reportedly in talks with a few English coaches for the main post.</p><p> The Jindal club, which is expected to thrive on the rich football culture in Bangalore, has also roped in many top players. Expectedly, few of them have played for DSK under Pradhyum but the big ticket outfit has also grabbed the services of some top local stars.</p><p> "Among the lucky few who got the nod are Sampath Kuttimani ( <a href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Mumbai-FC">Mumbai FC</a>), Shankar and Don Bosco (both DSK Shivajians) and Vishal Kumar (Pailan Arrows)," sources said, adding that there are many others who are interested to join the club but are finding it difficult to impress the team management.</p><p> The club is reportedly still in talks with India skipper Sunil Chhetri but some, including medio Thoi Singh (Mumbai FC), have already joined.</p><p> According to sources, the new club is planning a gala launch in the coming weeks where all the new signings, top members of the coaching staff and the name of the club will be formally unveiled. Among the names doing the rounds for the new club are Bangalore United or Bangalore FC.</p><p> </p>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    So Bangalore FC is the name as Bangalore United is going to be used IMG-RIL according to reports<br>
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    They should rope in Karnataka players like Venkatesh, Xavier Vijay Kumar. <br>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Both past their prime.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    They should rope in Karnataka players like Venkatesh, Xavier Vijay Kumar. <br>

<br><div><br></div><div>I agree. They should have Venkatesh, Noel Wilson, Vijay Kumar, RC Prakash. Doesnt matter if they can play or not. They have some following, its important to use them.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Of course they can take more regular bangalore players like Lester Fernandes, Vishal Ravindra (already signed, I think), Shankar (probably signed).<div>Even Karma is from mysore (Another karnataka city)</div><div>A few players from north east is not a bad idea given that bangalore has good number of people from north east states either as students or working</div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Xavier Vijay Kumar would be an excellent signing. Perhaps he could become player-coach and work with the youth side of things?