Bengaluru FC Season 2013-14

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    Yes agreed with @sparta
    bit.link me reminds me smthing like survey cumin up before downl.
  • Since, all people here are talking about that bottle throwing incident. Let me clarify what happened exactly. (bcoz i was in the stadium for the last match).

Its was about 10 mins after the half time EB were leading, so a frustrated fan from the north stand threw empty bottle at the EB goalkeeper, it fell down near him, it didn't hit him. But, he was complaining to the referee. This fueled anger of fans at north stand and suddenly 4 or 5 bottles came down to the pitch. Then, immediately Sunil, Osano, went near the north stand and requested the fans to not to throw bottles. The fans immediately acknowledged players' request and stopped the throwing of bottles. For this "appeal of calm" from our players, we gave them a standing ovation. And match continued for another 30 odd mins without any disturbances.

So, stop spreading the fake news about BFC we are much classier than Kolkatan fans...
  • There were bottles thrown nonetheless and that is still a wrong thing to do. also what fake news? bottles were indeed thrown on the pitch, and that is the truth.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Thats not justification for throwing bottles whether it was empty or not. Whether it would do harm or not.  The intent was to cause harm. Thats it!! End of the matter. The classier tag no longer stands justified. Sorry but its a fact.
  • Agreed, Dominic makes some good points. you can't throw stuff on the pitch and try to justify your action.
  • It was happened in the north stand (50rs and 30rs) there were lot of uneducated people in that stand, so its obvious these types of incidents happens. ( i mean no disrespect to uneducated)

But all the other fans behaving very sportively, healthily...singing and chanting.

So don't compare us with others for this one odd incident.
  • these discussions are null and void. Unruly incidents happen in football games all around the world. the question or rather the answer is to find out a solution of overcoming this hooliganism as much as possible though in reality this can never be fulfilled 100%..but if proper measures are taken this can certainly be minimised...
    and discussion on who is classier is just fruitless
  • An example our (Bangaloreans's) enthusiasm for our club. For the first time in the history of Indian football((correct me if im wrong)) we've conducted "MARCH TO THE MATCH".

We had already done a march before but due to the lack of support and
    co-ordination, Bengaluru fc fans pulled off a brilliant march, this time
    coming around with 50 strong supporters. One of the highlights of the
    march was 11 year old Anas, it was exhilarating to see such young lads
    turning up for the march, needless to say, young Anas lead the blues to
    the stadium.

The enthusiast fans arrived as early as 12 pm although the reporting
    time was 1 15 pm at Bangalore central which was the decided venue. The
    proudest moment of the march came when Bengaluru Fc fans managed to get
    the attention of media, NDTV covered the whole march, along with
    interviews given by the admins who organised the march.

The march began, the scene was amazing as 50 Bengaluru fc fans marched
    their way cheering, doing their customary:Silent clap, singing their
    home anthem which included

“Oh when the blues go

marching in “and “care free “.

The march went on and was greeted by a small group of East Bengal,
    healthy banter and cheering. The march then entered the stadium, it was a
    sea of blue. It was a proud day for all Bengaluru fc fans as this kind
    of support (8000+ fans) and encouragement is given to football which is a
    sport which needs the attention.