India vs Bangladesh Live Discussions, September 3 2013

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    So there was a fight indeed between Mohanraj and Mehtab Hossain. At least someone in the team as sense to protest against bizzare team selection. Really, how does this idiot start while Nabi sits.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    namewtheld wrote: »
    So there was a fight indeed between Mohanraj and Mehtab Hossain. At least someone in the team as sense to protest against bizzare team selection. Really, how does this idiot start while Nabi sits.

<br><div><br></div><div>according to Amoy Ghosal it was a very insignificant incident, but some media people will blow it out of proportion...i think we know exactly which media he is referring to</div>
  • the thing which annoys me the most about Kovermans is his team selection....what is the use of having good players if coach doesn't give them a fair chance...any other country in in the SAFF region would have at least called Brandon for training camp...whatever i saw of dawson today was good at least he came with energy on the field but did he get a fair chance..... 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    That was a fun 90 minutes of my life taken away. Seriously what the hell was this? How can the Indian national team, the only team in the SAFF region to hold all fully-pro players, play like this?<div><br></div><div>Where to begin? Well, for starters, the passing was complete garbage. Every time we had the ball we would panic from the Bangladeshi player sprinting at us and then smash the ball forward in the hope an Indian player will get it. Sadly it does not work like that and we gave the ball away many times.</div><div><br></div><div>Also, these are footballers. They should have the ability to think fast and clearly when they are on the pitch yet whenever I saw a chance to get a nice through ball and nice play going I see the Indian player make life more difficult for himself and India by attempting the harder pass and thus lose the ball. Also, when they saw that Bangladesh would play dirty (charging at each Indian on the ball) then India should have tried drawing fouls. We did not and instead panicked to get rid of the ball.</div><div><br></div><div>As for Bangladesh, I have to commend them. They played good, specially when trapping and passing the ball. They looked confident and they were flexible going forward. There problem was that they could never do anything on the final 3rd and I credit the Indian defense to that. We actually looked decent there. Gouramangi is actually looking good for once while Arnab was average.</div><div><br></div><div>Overall we should have done a lot better and the team we had today needs to be reshuffled or we could actually lose to Nepal. The next game is the most important and our reputation in South Asia as football giants of the region is under severe threat.</div>
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    I am actually wondering what happened to the Tigerish team that beat Cameroon in the final..Nabi was awesome that day..where is he now??
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    <p><i>Questions were raised over Syed Rahim Nabi’s exclusion from the
    starting eleven once more. When quizzed on the same, Koevermans said,
    “Syed Rahim Nabi has not played for a while, and I have to look after
    him. He hasn’t had much game time recently; therefore I have to be
    careful with him.”</i></p><i>
    </i><p><i>On being pointed out that N. Mohanraj has himself hardly played over
    the past two years, the Dutchman unconvincingly argued, “He has already
    played a game against Pakistan, so he has better match fitness. There is
    nothing else to it (about Mohanraj being played over Nabi).</i></p><p><br></p><p><i>wow !!!...<br></i></p>
  • one thing about INDIAN team is that their off the ball movement was very poor since wim take charge while in this style it is essential where as they played like that during colaco's era ...... 
  • karanshkaransh 542 Points
    gopiajeesh wrote: »
    <p><i>Questions were raised over Syed Rahim Nabi’s exclusion from the
    starting eleven once more. When quizzed on the same, Koevermans said,
    “Syed Rahim Nabi has not played for a while, and I have to look after
    him. He hasn’t had much game time recently; therefore I have to be
    careful with him.”</i></p><i>
    </i><p><i>On being pointed out that N. Mohanraj has himself hardly played over
    the past two years, the Dutchman unconvincingly argued, “He has already
    played a game against Pakistan, so he has better match fitness. There is
    nothing else to it (about Mohanraj being played over Nabi).</i></p><p><br></p><p><i>wow !!!...<br></i></p>
    <div> Great we can see contradiction in his own statements.Seems more like a personal vendetta. Wim must have thought in India these questions wont be raised.</div>
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    Benching ur best player is just silly!!!
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    well the match was actually sad but final free kick was awesome .We have actually been brought down to Bangladesh Level.I WILL STILL WANT iNDIA TO WIN but  am doubting do we stand a chance against Maldives ?<br><br>We can still win against Nepal but we need  strikers desperately in the front<br>