SAFF Championship 2013, Final, India vs Afganistan Live Discussions

1235736

Comments

  • ShebbySBShebbySB 163 Points
    edited September 2013
    If we need to play Raju we should go for Jhingan instead,he's a CB so his defensive side is good & he can pass the ball better than Raju.Plus he's 6'2 so will come in handy against physically superior Afghans.
  • rudrarudra 2819 Points
    ShebbySB wrote: »
    If we need to play Raju we should go for Jhingan instead,he's a CB so his defensive side is good & he can pass the ball better than Raju.Plus he's 6'2 so will come in handy against physically superior Afghans.

    <br><div><br></div><div>but he is totally inexperienced...can he handle the pressure of playing in the finals?</div>
  • Sandesh has a tendency of giving away penalties...last year in i-league he gave around 4...if i am not mistaken during practice game with bengaluru..he gave one way...but playing as CDM i think he will be okaey.
  • rudrarudra 2819 Points
    who knows maybe wim will chage formation due to lack of  players...he needs to keep more CDMs  in reserve...this is absolutely important position for this  kind of game
  • rudra wrote: »
    ShebbySB wrote: »
    If we need to play Raju we should go for Jhingan instead,he's a CB so his defensive side is good & he can pass the ball better than Raju.Plus he's 6'2 so will come in handy against physically superior Afghans.

    <br><div><br></div><div>but he is totally inexperienced...can he handle the pressure of playing in the finals?</div>

    <br><div>He's in the squad not to warm the bench but to play for the nation when required.So we should back his abilities & play him in the CDM position.</div>
  • dhungel35 wrote: »
    Sandesh has a tendency of giving away penalties...last year in i-league he gave around 4...if i am not mistaken during practice game with bengaluru..he gave one way...but playing as CDM i think he will be okaey.

    <br><div>Yes he can do a decent job in the CDM position.</div>
  • ShebbySBShebbySB 163 Points
    edited September 2013
    My starting XI for the final:-                     <div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">                                                            Subrata</span><div><div>Nirmal                        Gourmangi                                      Arnab                       Nabi</div><div>                                          </div><div>                                                           Jhingan</div><div>                                  Arata                                              Jewel</div><div><br></div><div>    Francis                                                                                             Jeje</div><div>                                                          Sunil</div></div></div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    edited September 2013
    <P>
    Ronny wrote: »
    I just dot like the way Amiri and Afghan coach go on and on saying that they are technically and physically superior than India in the press conference..Multiple times they repeated that they lost SAFF finals due to ref and will now take revenge..their team is all geared up for revenge..This cud be their undoing..we can tactically outsmart them at their own game..looking forward to how Wim responds now..for once I really enjoyed his attitude at the press conference...he and Chhetri were 45 mins late and Wim said his players recovery was more important than any press conf....if the journalists have a problem with that he simply doesnt care...wow..felt so good to hear that straight in the face :)<BR>
    </P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>WIm actually said that to d press?.... thats a different side of him for us all.</P>
    <P>Coming to the Finals ...Considering our not so inspiring performace TACTICS will play a pivotal role..even a good team can be held or defeated by weaker teams using propoer tactics.Now its upto Wim and teh palyers to ensure tactics and instructions are followed to the  letter</P>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    What Pressure can do to anyone is a mystery. You can either lie down and die or come out fighting. Love his attitude especially in the last week's press conference. Hope his attitude rubs on to the on-field performance else you will look like an idiot.
    Hope people here know abt the genius Brian clough, He used to speak his mind but kept criticism away by performances on the pitch.
  • RonnyRonny 6788 Points
    Wim also directly took a dig at the Maldives coach and said many times that "he(Urbyani) made a big blunder by underestimating us and look what we did to them..underestimate us at your own risk"..felt WOW...I doubt if any of coaches have ever spoken like this at a press conference...maybe its due to pressure/frustration on Wim but he seems to be backing his players to the hilt..<br><br>Also SAFF cup has definitely become much more competitive than before as all teams go for good foreign practice camps,friendlies now to clinch the cup..so we need to wait for upcoming Juniors to see a new transformed India in a few years from now as current team level is more or less SAFF material only<br>
Sign In or Register to comment.