2013-14 I-League Round 3: From Rags to First Place.

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    And Dempo have 2 foreign defenders.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Right now top 3 teams in the standings are - united sc, bengaluru, shillong lajong!!!! amazing
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I wonder whether East Bengal should quickly seize the opportunity when they start, because right now, Churchil still sorting out their foreigner's issues, Dempo looking for team building, Mohun Bagan looks shaky....and i have doubts whether the good starters like bengaluru, united, lajong can make it in the long run as they dont have that depth.
    pune fc and east bengal should try to make the most of it. east bengal's afc stint should help and motivate them (not that i will ever want them to win the league!!!)
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Papas wasn't in Shillong for the game......<div>Maybe thats why they managed their 1st point of the season </div> ;) <div><br></div><div>Agree with my esteemed friends @Rudra & @NameWTHeld , Nilanjan Dutta has papered over the cracks for 1 season , and now we are seeing what he is really made of.</div><div><br></div><div>A lot of us were expecting this from Arthur... just goes to show how easy it is to pull the wool over the peoples eyes in India</div>
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    I wish any of the below teams to be the champions <div><br></div><div>1. Pune FC</div><div>2. Shillong Lajong</div><div>3.Begaluru FC</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • any body plz post shillong attendance and galary picture
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    So what... we are already bashing Papas 3 games into the season? This team just had a revamp (not a mega one but still... a revamp) over the summer and a change in coach for the first time in years.<div><br></div><div>Give the man some time, he was never going to come in and win the I-League in his first season. We all know Dempo is not that good to do that yet but we should at least expect him to do a reasonable job and to instill some confidence into the future of the club and I think he has started that.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Its always nice to see how these impressive sounding guys come here, if they succeed they get all the glory for revolutionizing the football and if they don't, its all about time and development...ok it correct...but i will give one example i like specifically -

U22 does reasonably well, cant qualify but fought hard - arthur papas was the hero, interviews everywhere, how indian football has changed...etc etc.
    u16 does well, just failing to qualify - How many praises for Goutam Ghosh? how many interviews published? who is even talking about him?
    not saying i have any special sympathy for ghosh, but why the double standards? He being Indian not good enough to be praised?
    Papas came here with a reputation and did well straight away, that is why he got the praise. Expectations started to rise and then people saw him with Pailan Arrows and saw how the team looked "different and better". Also he started to say the right things in interviews which make him seem like a guy who should not even be in India. That is why he gets the praise he gets.<div><br></div><div>Who is Goutam Ghosh? I am sure he is a decent manager but this is U16 football. You are dealing with kids whereas Papas was at the professional level. That will already get you more attention and praise. Meanwhile we have barely seen or heard from Ghosh and we have barely seen his team to make a judgement on how they play and also we have no background on Ghosh.</div><div><br></div><div>What do you expect from all this? Obviously Papas will be the one more known and "popular".</div>
    gaffertape wrote: »
    Papas wasn't in Shillong for the game......<div>Maybe thats why they managed their 1st point of the season </div> ;) <div><br></div><div>Agree with my esteemed friends @Rudra & @NameWTHeld , Nilanjan Dutta has papered over the cracks for 1 season , and now we are seeing what he is really made of.</div><div><br></div><div>A lot of us were expecting this from Arthur... just goes to show how easy it is to pull the wool over the peoples eyes in India</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>They drew Mumbai 1-1.</div>