Disbanded and PSU clubs

harry191harry191 89 Points
edited October 2013 in I league
<P>They came ,they succedded ,sadly they left.. </P>
<P>Will they come back.</P>
<P>A few came with very good prupise,but got the kick as per the AFC criteria.</P>
<P>will they ever come back.</P>
<P>welcome the post wherein we can discuss about FC cochin, Mahindra united,JCT,Viva kerala, ONGC,Air india,HAL,SBT,Punjab Police,BEML,ITI,Hyderabad police.</P>
<P>will we ever see them again in the league in different avatar..</P>

Comments

• <P>I had heard some time back that ONGC were mergin with United sikkim to forma club.</P>
    <P>also BEML had formed a sepratate entity .</P>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    They left and hopefully never will come back. We got rid of both Air India and ONGC who provided nothing to the I-League really except for some of the worst crowds we have ever seen... now we have Bengaluru.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Add Mumbai Tigers in the list too. They got back door entry-still they left I-league.  They were supposed to bring players like Silvestre and also build infrastructure for India U-17 World Cup. All Bluff.<br>http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/silvestre-just-the-start-say-dodsal-1.1079160<br>;
    Add Mumbai Tigers in the list too. They got back door entry-still they left I-league.  They were supposed to bring players like Silvestre and also build infrastructure for India U-17 World Cup. All Bluff.<br>http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/silvestre-just-the-start-say-dodsal-1.1079160<br>;

<br><div><br></div><div>Sure, that is fair, we have also had our fair share of non-PSU disasters like Tigers (who I hated from the start anyway) and you could also add Lajong (with their financially weak organization) but every league in the world has had these types of clubs. The best thing to do is to learn from these.</div><div><br></div><div>How can the AIFF learn from the Mumbai Tigers? Well for starters, they can make sure that the organization looking to bid for an I-League team does not base a team in Mumbai without full assurance of a stadium or any fanfare. Next they can make sure that the new team tries to be modern and engaging. All of this is where Tigers (or Dodsal) failed. All they cared about was being the "Manchester City of Asia".</div>
  • harry191harry191 89 Points
    edited October 2013
    <P>but you cant ignore quality of  young indian players JCT, ONGC,AIR INDIA .</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>i would rather welocme ONGC SIKKIM United ,JCT Punjab United back to I league..</P>
    harry191 wrote: »
    <p>but you cant ignore quality of  young indian players JCT, ONGC,AIR INDIA .</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>i would rather welocme ONGC SIKKIM United ,JCT Punjab United back to I league..</p>

<br><div><br></div><div>What quality? Look at where Indian football is at and tell me confidently that you are happy with the "quality" they have brought in.</div><div><br></div><div>Just because these teams brought in and played youngsters does not merit anything when, in fact, Indian football is still in the position it is today.</div>
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    An active 2nd Division league can bring more players and these clubs can play there. They need motivation and something to play for. In 2-3 years, players from AIFF Academies will start knocking the doors of senior club teams. will AIFF direct them for IMG League or they will go to I-League clubs-thats the question!!!!<br>
    An active 2nd Division league can bring more players and these clubs can play there. They need motivation and something to play for. In 2-3 years, players from AIFF Academies will start knocking the doors of senior club teams. will AIFF direct them for IMG League or they will go to I-League clubs-thats the question!!!!<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>You don't need an active 2nd Division though. That would be a nice thing to have but a more stable 1st division with academies (and a proper youth league) with proper state leagues (as well as more connection between the state leagues) would be more valuable. Where do most players begin? Many of them start in the state leagues. We need to create more stability in them and perhaps spread them out state wide in most states before thinking about a 2nd Division.</div>
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    edited October 2013
    They still run their academy. Of course this has nothing to do with the website as that has not been updated since like 2011 but still... they still exist.