GOOD FOREIGN PLAYERS WHICH CAN BE SIGNED BY I LEAGUE CLUBS

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I would like to see some more former US lower division players come to India. A guy who comes to mind is Dennis Chin. US born 26 year old who plays as a forward for Orlando City SC. Scored 11 goals in the US 3rd Division in 2012 and scored 8 last season.

He is about to hit his prime years and would be a nice signing for India and him (US 3rd Tier to Indian 1st Tier). He won't be the best signing but certainly a good one.

Another one in the US 3rd Tier I would like to see in India is Colombian Jose Angulo. 25 years old, he scored 15 goals in the 3rd tier in 2013. In 2012 he played for the New York Red Bulls in MLS but never played a match and appeared on the bench once. In 2011 he played in the 3rd tier and scored 9 goals. Also entering his prime years I could see him doing some great things in India.

And finally, another 3rd tierer who I personally love to watch is Dane Kelly of the Charleston Battery. Jamaican born, 22 years old, he scored 12 goals last season and has played in both the US 3rd tier and Jamaican 1st tier. He is young and would relish the chance at a league in Asia.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    @rohan

wat u think about david arnaud....former US international and sporting kansas....sunil chetri ex-partner..??
    Davy Arnaud used to be so good for Sporting Kansas City, was the attacking midfielder who would take advantage of space being left free by the opposition defenders, get into position, and take a cracking shot at goal. He was also a pretty good teammate who would find players in places you would never expect. He was not a speedster and his passing could have been better.

However, after being traded to Montreal he kinda fell down in quality and has never really done much on the field. Apparently though his leadership was valuable and he managed to keep players focused during bad moments.

Now he was sent to DC United. Considering DC United are in a rebuilding process after a shit year last season he will probably be a regular for them and wont be available for India till the 2014-15 season. 

I would love him here though, dont let his age fool you.
    http://us.soccerway.com/players/jason-roberts/2701/

Could he come to India? He is not doing anything in England anymore really. He is injured at the moment and could be out for the rest of the season but at the age of 36 could be a good addition to the I-League.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    Not impossible..depending what the clubs can pay.
    According to google, he was on $1,600,000 in 2008. Of course that was with Blackburn in the Premier League when he was a meaningful player... now he is older, in the Championship with Reading, and is injured and would probably just be a rotational player now.

I am guessing 2-3 crore would be enough to snap him up which would be a gamble on a 36 year old but then again, a guy with plenty of experience which would go a long way to helping younger players.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    Yeh i think $300k plus is good enough amount to get someone like him.. hes prob on around £8k a week id guess.

There are few others who clubs can go for with big league experience.. someone like

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collins_John

Be a good shout?
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @arsenalfan700 i know you get a bit excited while talking about new foreigners..... but like once Proj da said can we go back and discuss on whats is happening instead of going what could happen?? you are an old member thats why i am requesting you....
    @arsenalfan700 i know you get a bit excited while talking about new foreigners..... but like once Proj da said can we go back and discuss on whats is happening instead of going what could happen?? you are an old member thats why i am requesting you....
    Can you explain what you mean though? I seriously dont get that. All I am doing is having a bit of fun suggesting some players who I feel can realistically come into the league (at least I hope I am, I still remember I for some reason suggested Landon Donovan in 2011 for when he was 32).
    Yeh i think $300k plus is good enough amount to get someone like him.. hes prob on around £8k a week id guess.

There are few others who clubs can go for with big league experience.. someone like

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collins_John

Be a good shout?
    He would be good but I still wonder what happened to him. He was horrible for the Fire in MLS and just looked like he was in his 30s. I still cant believe he is only 28.