Indian Football Transfer News, Rumors and Gossips 2014-15

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @indranuj
    East Bengal is sponsored by Mallya's Kingfisher hence the jersey ...which most people don't feel is as swanky as you claim.

Mohun Bagan are not under Mallya. ..he sold United Spirits Ltd ( USL) to the Diaggeo group..Mcdowell and Royal challenge have an enormous share ofnthe India.
    Diaggeo have opted to continue with the sponsorship. ..for now
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Viki That won't ever happen... at least for a few decades. If the rumors are true and the AIFF and IMG-Reliance want to merge the I-League with ISL then this is what will happen. Pune FC, Mumbai FC, Shillong Lajong, Royal Wahingdoh, Dempo, Salgaocar, Sporting, and even East Bengal and Mohun Bagan just won't have the same qualities of the Indian Super League teams.

You have seen me post here how much I want I-League to work out... I really do and I really hate the structure of ISL but it just looks more and more likely that ISL will just take over and I-League being reduced... it is just hard to make a valid argument on the future of the I-League.

I may not be living in India but I know for a fact that money makes the world go around there... ISL have that. They have the money, they have the fame... and it seems they have the players slowly coming. I... just can't see it for I-League unless some massive reforms are taken.
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    @Viki : your idea is good...but you know what?? I think goa is too small to have 3 clubs...nah....i dont see it financially viable...and same goes for pune... it is not a football city
    Deb_Ban
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Let's not discuss ISL in this thread.
    ArsenalFan700
  • VikiViki 140 Points

I totally accept.....As a India football fan I want a good league which will be played for the full season. The league should have good sponsors and crowds coming in. In another couple of years if ISL can do that, then there is no harm in accepting it.

If there are plans to merge the leagues, then all our I League clubs should be given a chance but there should be some strict rules and they should accept to follow it. If not they AIFF should show them the door.

• indranujindranuj 132 Points

@gaffertape

Not sure if you have followed Mallya's demise if I may call it so, both Mcdowell and Kingfisher are currently sold to Diaggeo Group. Also Mohan Bagan has made their football club into a company and the chairman of the same is Mallya's son Siddharth.

@Viki & ArsenalFan700: I think we will be deluding ourselves by thinking that either ISL or ILeague will make money in the foreseeable future. All people who have invested in ISL including Ganguly and John Abraham have all mentioned the same thing - all the investors are motivated by their interest in sports,  a hope about creating something immortal and a overall belief that a game like football should logically be a big ticket item in a country like India that has a large population. If an investor wants to make money the last place he will think of investing will be the ISL or the ILeague. It is here that one has to understand the contribution of clubs like Mohan Bagan and East Bengal who for historical reasons have a set of die hard fans. The connection between the fans and these clubs have nothing to do with money, there are many fans who to this day contribute relatively large sums of money to the clubs to help them build the football teams.

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @indranuj Ya, get ready for modern day football to come in.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @indranuj ;   This so called club Athletico Juventus is some thrid division club of Sao Paulo city league. Their stadium has capacity of 2730 people.  Are they fooling people with the name Juventus which is of legendary Italian Club???

This is club of Cicero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clube_Atl%C3%A9tico_Juventus
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @indranuj ;

Financial profits are key to any business.
    Have you ever heard of Corporate Social responsibility clause of Company Act. Any big company has to spend 2% of their net profit on Corporate Social responsibility causes like opening school, hospital. Promotion of sports is also there. So Companies are looking for avenues to show their investment of 2% in such a way that it looks a big investment but in reality there is hardly any investment.

Why do you think Bill gates spend money on AIDS prevention? His Accountants make him do so otherwise the company will suffer losses and that money will go to tax authorities as unclaimed.

In olden days, companies with more ethics such as Tata, Birla opened schools, hospitals etc. Now new Indian companies
     are showing on paper CSR initiatives. Reliance Group will show the entire amount of ISL as CSR cause. They spent 7 crore rupees (1.2 million dollars) on World Cup tickets to study Brazil world Cup stadiums and meet players to improve Indian Football.

People like Johan Abraham, Tendulkar, Ganguly are icons with their own marketing contracts and their agents take them to promote various events including CSR initiatives of Reliance Group.

The whole idea of my talk is that dont live into this dream that oh they want to improve Indian football so they started this ISL.  The very reason why they are hiring some old retired players and two months league is that they want to show more on paper investment and less real investment.
    Deb_BanArsenalFan700
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    is EB/Bengali media actually trying to cash on the 'Juventus' name!!!  It's like getting sean rooney and cash on the 'Rooney' part of it :P Won't be surprised if some of the journalists and fans actually think it's the Serie A Juventus
    munna219777
This discussion has been closed.