Netherlands Tour of Indian U-16 Team

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points
    edited May 2014
    Yes opponents were better 2 Asean academy better than India under 16
    Fantasy devolopment of indian football shown clearly

This shiws devolpment of football in Asean region and Indian region Rip world cuo hopes

the true fact is India doesnt have good future in Indian football
    @gaffetape clearly mentioned avout majority indian coaches

Bangladesh drew us with an young squad containing a 17 year old
    How many 17 year old Indians play professional football
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    mohammed_87hassan started supporting them but now they lost some matches and see whats people start talking ..

Good sign of glory hunters 
    mohammed_87hassanrudra
    edited May 2014
    Ashish negi I know ur patriotic to India
    But talk sense u never accept defeat and make reasons

Eg
    Goal was dissalloved
    They are malaysian under 16 who dedeated south korea
    Now they didnt play for 3 months

@negi I didnt even watch under 16 qualifiers belive me

Just see these ASEAN academies that shows lack of youth development In Indian football

And I didnt celebrate UAE win u told me about that match in fb

seems that ur blindly in love with Indian football that u cant realise the thruth

India is way backward in youth devolopment in Asia

goalkeepar
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    why shouldn't people start talking? talking/criticism doesn't imply not supporting.

I mean loved indian junior teams from ages now and  supported the lots of fela and others.  Now many of them disappeared , saying how our system is unable to take them to the next level (of course age cheating plays a big part) , now to think say they are still brilliant would be blindness.

second point referred here is not an issue about losing two matches or not, its about the teams not making to the next level, results in youth level is nothing new for us, its more systematized now, but how improved the teams are? SAFF u16 was a gritty performance, but by no means a good performance, we scored a great goal and then somehow stopped them from scoring. From the reviews, we are playing not so great here too. Goutam Ghosh talks about results not important, but it seems he is trying hard to churn out results rather than playing more freely.

I also see an issue about playing against better physical opponents, this is a youth team, isn't fitness also a part of the training, isn't the team AIFF Academies had chance to select the physically and technically optimum boys. It always sounds like we have have messi's around only thing lacking is fitness and physique, but when we rarely get an opportunity to see them they don't look anything different. Yes, the academies, youth teams etc. have made them a better organised team, but are we seeing a big difference? No.

About playing against local teams, the main issue was AIFF hyping it up in their reports, which seems unnecessary. If we think such hyping up will make people notice, thats just idiotic. In fact, it does worse, it builds unreasonable expectations and invites unfair critiscm when the team struggles.

AshlesharchaknamewtheldArsenalFan700ashindia
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    On the other hand, I certainly think that AIFF has improved the state of youth development. But I don't think the speed has been enough, the hype has been more
    archakArsenalFan700
    players like Sahil Travora ,Mauvin borges,Alesh sawant,Udanta Singh are.much better then Aiff academy players

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9970 Points
    I watched the 1st half of the match, Indian team was playing better. I did not find them technically inferior (of course, the opponents were not great either). In the 2nd half I think lack of fitness got the better of the boys.

Instead of blaming the players/ coach, blames should be directed to AIFF who has failed to line up international matches and keep the boys in match fitness. If this kind of slipshod management goes on, I am sure it's going to be a long road to any kind of success.
    ArsenalFan700

I still say go for germans or spaniards

ArsenalFan700
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @hassan see just by going for a german or spainard wont do the trick. You need to properly shortlist the candidates and then allow them to work freely. Also we need to maintain a stabilty as otherwise we would only confuse the kids more
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited May 2014
    @Gaffertape and @Rudra have basically laid it down for us the problem. We are lacking in youth development in that we don't have many seasonal youth leagues, we don't play the better youngsters against senior opposition, the scouting is invisable or still in the stone age, the coaching is still lacking, and facilities are far from good and many, many other problems like hyping them up.

Now that the problems are known to us we should figure out a solution to solving these problems and the answer is not just hiring Germans or Spaniards because of what @Archak said. People think the Japanese only got good because of Brazilian coaching is wrong. Japan's history with Brazil is much, much more than that.

Personally I believe a major reshuffle is needed from the AIFF. The contract with IMG-Reliance to be burned, officials replaced, and more power given to Wim Koevermans but that is unlikely to happen so whatever you think should happen, lay it down for us.
    rudraarchakmohammed_87hassan