2014-15 I-League General Discussion Thread

Comments

• coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    2 teams from a city with no footballing background. Why do companies want to invest. Can't they see what is happening with pune fc. Crowds don't want to watch them. The pitch of balewadi is also taking the beating with so many matches. 

This is why I hate I-League. Poor execution of planning. hyderabad deserves a team. But, pune?? Seriously. 
    goalkeeparashindiamunna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    It's because of tax exemption
    @soumesh aren't Rendezvous bidding for Hyderabad

@ashindia what do u think
    People will turn up for matches there

Hyderabad has big European fan base and people spend thousands to watch matches on screening
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Hyderabad has good crowd, it all depends on the how Rendezvous group does marketing. Stadium location is very good.

Hyderabad has excellent history of producing top class players its only recently since 1990;'s-2000's due to stupid people incharge of association destroyed the city league and then made sure the state teams dint participate in national level tournament for almost 8-10 years.
    Deb_Bannamewtheldgoalkeeparmunna219777archak
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited August 2014
    @ashindia ; Hyderabad can get good crowd if games are held at Fateh Maidan (Lal Bahadur Shastri Stadium). It has floodlights and it is in the middle of the city and close to fans(old city).  Gachibowli is a bit far and gachibowli got very poor crowd last time AFC challenge cup was organised. By contrast, Shastri Stadium got huge crowd for India Football games at Afro asian games in Hyderabad.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @coolgagan ISL also has Pune Franchise. Lets see how many fans come for that. Then three I-league teams in Pune as Mumbai FC will also be based there.Only thing missing is the FANS.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    LB Stadium is very old, condition is Soo bad that it need to refurbished which is not possible. I do agree on old city Muslims fans who will add a lot will be missed.

Gachibowli previously used to be far away but right now it's home to IT companies since then huge residential projects have come nearby.

About AFC challenge Cup it was very poorly marketed trust me. I was in the stadium for all of them, also heavy monsoon dint help either.
    munna219777Deb_Bangoalkeepar
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Members of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) Bid Evaluation Committee met at the AIFF Headquarters in Football House on Monday (August 25, 2014) to take a call on the proposed bids for the upcoming I-League 2014/15 season onwards.

The committee accepted the bid of the Kalyani Group to participate in 2014-15 I-League which commences from January 17, 2015.

The corporate giant will be fielding their team from their base in Pune. The premier league competition of the country will now comprise of 11 teams.
    munna219777