2014-15 I-League General Discussion Thread

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    Khalid jamil is son-in-law of praful .....yesterday I saw mfc match in TV and seems like even without jamil presence they knew how to fall and waste the time ...eg after josimar scored he falled with slight touch by EB defender and started sleeping on field ..the best part was referee didn't care and continued the game ....
    reddevil87
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Mumbai FC is such a weird club... I want to like them but the people that represent them suck so much!
    munna219777
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited April 2015
    Media reported yesterday that there is likelihood that no team will be relegated this year, a decision in this regard is likely to be taken by the parent body shortly. The reason being AIFF wants to increase the no.of Clubs in I-League. Very good thinking by AIFF, but why they have to take such a big decision before completion of I-League ? Teams who are in the relegation battle will breathe a sigh of relief and the fierce competition will be absent in their matches. Don't know how the AIFF officials think...... sometimes it defies logic and common sense.
    If Aizwal FC is through to I-League, then we will have 12 teams (which is good) in 2015-16 I-League. Also we will have 3 teams from N-E, that is also very good news as it is a sign that football is spreading. But AIFF must also ensure that they recruit sufficient  Referees from N-E so that they can ensure that for home games of N-E teams only Referees & Assistant Referees from N-E can be posted.
    What pains me is.... Royal Wahingdoh are a decent side coached by a very good Indian Coach and they do not need external help to make a mark in Indian Football. They can do it on their own and by their performance. Parent body must understand that nobody likes to see a fabricated result. We have had enough of such things in other sports and we don't need any such nonsense in I-League. If we don't ensure fair play from the Referees & Assistant Referees then days are not far off when Indian Referees will not have FIFA badges on their chests, they would have only AIFF badge. Will it be a good advertisement for AIFF ?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Khalid Jamil is protectes by Henry Menezes...he ensured that Jamil got the lightest punishment possible.
    munna219777EastBengalPriderudra
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I would prefer Sporting Goa go down and Aizawl and Lonestar Kashmir come up.
    atuljgEastBengalPride
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
     Royal Wahingdoh FC - Shillong attracting huge crowd in #HeroILeague game .image
    munna219777reddevil87deepusparta
  • @AKB. You should understand that football in this country was ruined by the Bongs and the Goans over the past few decades. Both these states are responsible for escalating player salaries without putting the right price to value. Both these states control / controlled the Federation without any proper planning and still do. Everyone appears to be a genius in solving the football conundrum in this country.
    Didn't quite get your point wrt NE referees. Anyway, it doesn't matter where they come from as long as the AIFF and state associations begin to have a review system in place. Point is, where do you get referees from? How do you incentivise people to get into refereeing?
    Then your part of Royal Wahingdoh and help by referees. MB fans have apparently made a petition. Let's get real.
    1. The overall standard of refereeing is bad. Referees are decided and allotted by the AIFF.
    2. Having said that, the disallowed goals were offside! The penalty was a clear handball. It's got nothing to do with the match being telecast or not. The referee is on the ground and has to take spot decisions. When he goes back home, the AIFF will not penalise him since there is no referee assessment system.
    3. In the Federation Cup in Goa, RWFC suffered in matches against East Bengal and Dempo where time and decisions were stretched. RWFC took it on the chin.
    4. Ileague against Mumbai FC away, Bharat and Lajong FC at home, penalties and fouls denied including RWfC players getting hit. This included the last game against Mohun Bagan.
    5. For 3 years, RWFC has made honest attempts to get into the Ileague and finally did so in the 4th year. All along, the team has suffered due to poor grounds and refereeing.
    6. Look at even the 'geniuses' in this forum. Before the League began, RWFC was nowhere. Today? People in this forum are fit for desk research, and have zero sense of grassroots football in India.
    mohammed_87hassangaffertapeGuwahatianwakao10spartaMaddieRonny7negigoalkeeparDXand 8 others.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Spot on @MichaelSouza

I was at the ground and have a copy of the video. ..all those facts are correct.

You want to talk about being hard done by...noone can feel more aggrieved than RWFC for the injustices meted out to them in the 2nd Division over the past few years.
    munna219777reddevil87mohammed_87hassan
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    @MichaelSouza
    Sounds very nice and knowledgeable comment.
    But does it justify the following?
    1. For the same offence, Penalty is give at one end and delned at the other end 2 m later ?
    2. Disallowed goals were offside, it is a debatable point. Indian Assistant Referees most of the time think whenever a player gets a free ball in the danger zone, he is in off-side position, without considering the moment of release and start of the run by the attacker.
    2. Considering all Referees as neutral, then why AIFF so far never posted a Referee from Kolkata in Kolkata team's matches or a Referee from Goa in Goa team's matches ? Why a local Referee was posted all of a sudden in a high voltage match ?
    3. Can't agree that Bengal & Goa have ruined Indian Football. Increase of salary is not a crime, rather part of the modern trend. Do you not jump to a different company if given a substantial hike ? Everybody does. Do you hold the company responsible or start saying why they are giving me so much ? This company is spoiling the entire system.
    4.Referees are not partial... they are incompetent for sure. This match this happened, that match that happened sort of reasoning justify the blunders in another match. Who is responsible for incompetency of Referees ? Bengal or Goa or the AIFF ?
    5. Why till date there is no system of Referee's accountability. If I'm not accountable then I will always be less careful about decision with the "kaun dekhta hai" attitude. 

Finally, point lost can't be got back, but what I want is, a FAIR & COMMON SENSE Refereeing in the remaining matches, where the same offence should deserve the same punishment irrespective of the team's jersey colour. Sadly this was not the case.
    As far as your comment at point 6, zero sense of grassroots football in India, let me say...almost all members (geniuses as per point 6) are genuinely concerned about development of football in India. But development of Football in this country depends not only on quality of Footballers, but also on the quality of match supervision and improvement of System.