Bengaluru FC: Season 2 (2014-15)

Comments

• NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    He looks like  a typical Maka-Pav St.Andrews Church boy from Bandra. I would have guessed striker.What bleddy men?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    BFC U19 took part in the inaugural Dr Rajkumar Memorial inter-district Tournament organised by the FPAK .
    BFC lost in finals to a tram put together by FPAK that had a certain A.D Kumar as top scorer (ex Hal, a few Santosh trophy) and a whole bunch of above 22 year olds.

This apparently are the boys that Cheif South India scout Noel Wilson will recommend to SC...as an example of "local talent" that I-League clubs are missing out on
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    This guy has the physique to make it real big domestically. Hope BFC get him exposed to more quality opposition, maybe a stint in Japan/South Africa (which did wonders for a certain Brendon) would help..but great going BFC.
    They are actually serious about their domestic scouting..would really help if Karnataka had a half decent state league for their reserves to play in.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Didn't this BFC under 19 finish last behind Lonestar Kashmir in Under 19 i-league
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Bengaluru FC should start their HIL franchise  at Bengaluru. The same model will work perfectly there also. Bengaluru has a readymade Hockey stadium with floodlights. They have lot of local coorg players-many of them from National team. Their support will also double as Hockey fans then will start coming to Football and vice-versa.
    Deb_Ban
    I agree with you @munna but 1st the HIL needs to demonstrate that it is serious about building a sustainable product. Getting a 1 month window (at the advise of some faltu goras like ileague) will never allow league expansion. if they can build a 6-7 month league, that's when the clubs can get serious about investing. Right now there is no sign of Batra and Co. having any such vision. With advisers live omniprresent Mr. Shukla, i don't expect anything better.
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Ya. Hockey India League format is worse than Indian Super League. It should be a 6-7 month league.
    munna219777
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    The success of kabaddi franchise bengaluru bulls is a testimony to the fact that if the organizers can create an ambiance people will flock to watch it and this is a sport that is usually restricted to rural karnataka

Hockey has a huge legacy here and with some minor background work hockey franchise would be a huge success. Many institutions here have hockey teams which will ensure an adequate supply of players from grassroots level.
    munna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Worst kept secret is out

http://m.timesofindia.com/sports/ipl-2015/news/JSW-Group-to-acquire-IPL-team-Sajjan-Jindal/articleshow/47898571.cms

Can afford $100 million for RCB. ..but not better midfielder than Walker ! ?

They could build a stadium for that price too !
    munna219777
This discussion has been closed.