New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• Albert Roca is much more better than Igor. Like it or not this is my opinion

atuljgSanjeev Biswasgoalkeeparkarenesudhakar2050deepuDeb_Bandebarghya89
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    I like it when Igor says there is nothing like being too old or young. If you can perform you will be in the team..This is unlike what SC would keep saying like hey I've been giving all sorts of youngsters a chance
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9955 Points
    When you like that statement, you have Sunil in mind. But keeping Pranay of Sandesh or Narayan in mind, I cannot agree to that. 

I would side with SC's view, as with youngsters you have lots of possibilities; plus, football is a game of the young.
    deepak dedhagoalkeeparBrainFallINDIA
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29618 Points
    @Deb-Ban: Stimac said that if you perform, you will be in the team, irrespective of your age. He has not said that without performing, you can still be in the team if you are old.

However, if you are thinking why he chose these players, you have to keep in mind his statement that he respected the squad selection for the AFC Asian Cup and did not tinker with it, only called up certain players whose performances he found "interesting". However, if he keeps on giving undeserving players chances, then we can criticize him. BTW, why the criticism of Jhingan? In spite of his technical flaws, he has been very good in recent times, especially in the AFC Asian Cup.

I am not sure whether football is a game for the young or the fittest; IMO, there should be a healthy blend of youth and experience.
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    The fact that he selected Adil khan in itself makes me feel happy about this new coach..  Jhingan and Adil will be great .  Also front three of Udanta,  Brandon,  Soosairaj plus Chetri will be terrific. . All can score goals..  Always felt SC did not see all Isl, ilgue games and was  touring USA tat year before Asia cup. .  
    goalkeeparkartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29618 Points

Henry Menezes: Igor Stimac's world cup experience will be vital for India

............................................................................................................................................................................................

During the interview, the Croatian was asked to justify his poor win per cent during his tenure in Iran and Menezes reveals that "he has had to work with lower-ranked teams whose main concern was to save relegation. He had adverse challenges in the middle-east and the fact that he managed to keep those clubs afloat speak volumes of his character. His experience will only help him in this job as we very well know that the position of the head coach is not  a rosy one."

The former goalkeeper believes that Stimac's team selection is a testimony that the Croat's claim of having researched Indian football is not a hollow one. The new tactician is content with India's wing play but feels that a lot of work needs to be done with India's defensive organisation. He has even asked the Indian FA to organise two friendly matches so that he can make an informed decision while pruning the squad to 23 from 37.

............................................................................................................................................................................................

https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/henry-menezes-igor-stimac-world-cup-kings-cup-india-curacao/osxeaw2vjmvl1iszrl0yrekgh

• samsam 16428 Points
    Bhutan is in india to play a friendly match with delhi. Might play with india too
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Bhutan against Delhi? Yeh Kya match hai?
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Friendly before Kings Cup
    Deb_Ban
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29236 Points
    Delhi Santosh trophy team vs Bhutan