New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Jhingan drinking outside is his personal life..Not a yardstick to measure him on the field
    deepak dedhagoalkeeparBrainFallINDIAreddevil87EastBengalPridegopiajeesh[Deleted User]kartik91deepu
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Full press conference of New TD and head coach 

Ronnycoolgagan
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    He is a public figure, has captained NT. What he does in public is ought to be scrutinized specially when the new coach wants senior players to be role models. 
    dev_pfc
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    A role model is looked up for his on as well as off field conducts.
    goalkeepar
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3411 Points
    ok. so lots of discussion on stimac in the other threads.

Wonder what they saw in Stimac ( definitely cheap salary),
    what is the actual salary ? i remember when bob Houghton was coach, he used to get more salary than John Wright and Gary Kirsten which was shocking for me. No coach in the Indian sporting  history had that much salary.
    munna219777
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Bob Houghton was from different league. He elevated Swedish football. Goran Errickson learned from him. Roy Hodgeson was his contemporary. He still gets veneration in Malamo. He was a daredevil striker in his playing days. Apart from that he had experience with Chinese national team and Uzbekistan national team. China just missed 1998 WC qualification and won bronze in Asian Games. There was a controversy in Uzbekistan match where he got involved with referee dont remember the exact incident. So point is, he did well with Asian national team. 
    So, when we talk about our NT coach should have experience or familiarity with Asian football and shall be of an international repute, he was the perfect blend anyone could ever imagine. 
    He totally got involved with Indians. Nothing new, he was the only foreign coach of China who remembered and pronounced all of players name exactly.
    Sacking him after Asia Cup was biggest ever blunder in Indian football during our life time. 
    His tongue was not good. His trusted ally Shanto Mitra and Pradip Choudhury changed side due to some unknown reason. 
    However, as you know we have a media nexus here, a Bengali reporter who studied statistics (I have to accept he is a brilliant student as every other guy does not get into ISI) and never played football expected Bob to behave like a pet of reporters the way earlier foreign coaches behaved. He could not get insights of Bob's tactics or practice etc. He could win players trust and imposed strict discipline. Everyone from that team of 2011 was happy and never disobeyed. So this reporter got more frustrated. This reporter used to have strong presence in dressing room. Now he could not even enter the training. So he was waiting for his turn. 
    Bob commissioned Arrow project, send second tier team to SAFF with Sukwinder ji and won it. Arranged trial for Mangi, Pal in Europe. Before him NT players used to travel in train and no good accommodation was provided to them. He made AIFF to change everything. 
    It is funny this reporter published a report in vernacular that may be the best coach ever to reach India after Milovan. However, his view changed drastically. 
    As usual, Chettri's frustrated father in law who thinks he is combo of pele+maradona+cruef+bekenbower and many more added fuel to fire. 
    Nayeem was unhappy due to his sacking. He picked up the opportunity and joined nexus. 
    This reporter published about Bob's vacation in South Africa and his salary etc. He actually lives in South Africa.( As per my understanding / experience of contract management if there is no provision in contract about leave and holidays no one can enjoy it with getting paid. Hence when we complain about Igor or anyone holidaying we need to keep it in mind AIFF is allowing it as per provision of contract, they are not violating anything)
    So ultimately a nexus was formed and ultimately they won. 
    Bhaichung Bhutia could have saved him if he could maintained his popularity and influence. He was growing in stature and getting calls from Zidane, Edgar Davids for exhibition matches and making his name by scoring too. He was a blind supporter of Bob Houghton. Priyo Das Munshi was also a Bob supporter. Unfortunately Bhaichung joined a dance reality show and he won the show but lost fans and many things (people know what happened to his personal life). Late Anjan Mitra went totally against Bhaichung for not playing in I league and appeared in dance reality show. He remained unfit from 2008 AFC Challenger final till Asia Cup main draw. Hence he lost credibility. Das Munshi went into coma. So there was no one to salvage Bob. 
    Though in the end, Bob did not loose anything, Indian football lost everything. 

Chelseafanmunna219777NagendraCarbon_14debarghya89giridharangoalkeeparSanjeev BiswasRonnynamewtheldand 5 others.
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Read, but as I am a FC Barcelona supporter and closely follow them, I know Demble's conditions is not good. As playing style of FCB demands intense physical ability and many people in the past could never recovered from injury namely Varmaleen, Ibrahim Affeley, Umtiti it is good to know that Roca working on fitness and making them happy. 
    Apart from that article makes sense. 
    gaffertape