Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Hi proj ; Is Katsumi a playmaker? i reckon he is mainly a winger. If that be the case, Bagan wud be releasing Jacobs then. Any whiff on who would be manning the midfield for the next year? Bagan not showing interest in Penn is good - however they need someone who can maneuver the midfield and can control the pace of the game. Denson has improved tremendously, but he is more of a spoiler for opposition moves.... like the way Mehtab plays for EB. 
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited April 2013
    Hi proj ; Is Katsumi a playmaker? i reckon he is mainly a winger. If that be the case, Bagan wud be releasing Jacobs then. Any whiff on who would be manning the midfield for the next year? Bagan not showing interest in Penn is good - however they need someone who can maneuver the midfield and can control the pace of the game. Denson has improved tremendously, but he is more of a spoiler for opposition moves.... like the way Mehtab plays for EB. 
    <br><div><br></div><div>Katsumi plays CAM (has a wonderful workrate) but take any transfer news at this point of time with a pinch of salt. Katsumi is coming to Calcutta next season for sure is all I can say at this point. I have proposed his name to MB recruiters along with some others but these MB recruiters have a mind of their own and worse still is they doubling up as player's agents.</div><div> Katsumi for 55 lakhs is far better deal than Penn for 1.2 crore any day, any one with an iota of football intelligence will agree to that. </div>
  • The good news is that<div><br></div><div>The approaches MB recruiters have made this far should result into a more balanced unit next season provided greed does not get the better of them. Lets keep our fingers crossed</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">55 lakhs for a guy who had played in the J.League 2nd Division and who has the experience that Katsumi has in India already is brilliant. If true then surely the steal of Indian football.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Penn is worth (like every other foreigner in I-League) less than 75 lakhs easy. 1.2 crores is suicidal for any team and if that is what he wants then the teams should stay away from him.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for what Mohun Bagan should do, you guys need to work with that defense. Aibor and Syed are good for the wings with Eche in the middle but I doubt Eche could be there next season as only 3 foreigners can be there and I doubt Eche will want to be on the bench. So 2 center-backs and a goalkeeper should be on the priority list for Mohun Bagan. However knowing the shit heads who run the club they will sign a bunch of forwards and 2nd rate defenders.</font></div>
  • Is this an official Mohun Bagan theme that was recognized by the club itself?

<br><div><br></div><div>It's from a fan's club recognized by the club. It's NOT from those who run the official Bagan website</div>
    projenator wrote: »
    <br><div><br></div><div>Katsumi plays CAM (has a wonderful workrate) but take any transfer news at this point of time with a pinch of salt. Katsumi is coming to Calcutta next season for sure is all I can say at this point. I have proposed his name to MB recruiters along with some others but these MB recruiters have a mind of their own and worse still is they doubling up as player's agents.</div><div> Katsumi for 55 lakhs is far better deal than Penn for 1.2 crore any day, any one with an iota of football intelligence will agree to that. </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I cudn't have agreed with u on more on this proj! But what am surprised is after all the brickbats of this year, these greedy officials have still not learnt the lesson. For God's sake why dont they give the authority to Karim - he makes sensible purchase atleast. Regarding KAtsumi, even my sources have confirmed that he is Bagan bound. but again, we need to have a balance in the midfield and may be we need to recruit some fleet footed players from NE. Why dont u coax these jokers to involve Baretto in spotting and recruiting talents from 2nd Div league? Not Beto ofcourse....!</div>
  • Eche will be there next season. The club's chief recruiter has said on TV and I quote<div><br></div><div>" We should consider ourselves extremely lucky if Eche decides to extend his contract with us and stay on"</div>
  • <div>Kareem is involved and he is having the final say, it's on his contract, very visionary of him to have that on his contract. <br><br>The officials have learnt their lessons off course and they are being far better LISTENERS than they used to be but you know, old habits die hard, so I for one don't trust them a bit. </div><div><br></div><div>They are off course up to their funny ways of chasing players of arch rivals like Sanju Pradhan et al whose asking prices have hit the roof. Imagine Sanju Pradhan asking for 1.2 crore, man, only a fool will agree to his demands.</div><div>Can't help it given the background and upbringing of recruiters at Calcutta clubs. Snatching players from rivals let them show off their machismo</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
    projenator wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>I cudn't have agreed with u on more on this proj! But what am surprised is after all the brickbats of this year, these greedy officials have still not learnt the lesson. For God's sake why dont they give the authority to Karim - he makes sensible purchase atleast. Regarding KAtsumi, even my sources have confirmed that he is Bagan bound. but again, we need to have a balance in the midfield and may be we need to recruit some fleet footed players from NE. Why dont u coax these jokers to involve Baretto in spotting and recruiting talents from 2nd Div league? Not Beto ofcourse....!</div>

<br>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Yea...and I think Bagan have this itchy feeling, always to approach players of EB. I remember, a few season back EB had started this game of player snatching when Subrata Paul, Mehrajuddinn and Mehtab switched over to EB and ever since that incident Bagan has been chasing EB players with their tail up.....thats being so bloody myopic! We all know the story of Kalidas, but he atleast did it once..Bagan have infact put Kalidas to shame!!!!! Imagine Sanju Pradhan - who being a captain has not been a regular starter in the EB lineup and now toying with the Bagan recruiters! And these 3 jokers doesnt seem to have any spec of dignity and self respect. </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Most importantly, EB and MB have a different culture in which footballers are trained, their perspective of the respective clubs..their long term career goals etc... only a Nabi can gel well with Bagan culture....EB's style of play and their players are more aggressive (no offence meant to any EB supports here :-)  ) and a player like Uga, Mehtab, Mehtab, Penn cannot perform in MB where the club itself is being perceived as being more submissive - remember how Bhaichung was showcaused for not joining practise and instead was in some other place for shooting etc...so much so that Bhaichung left Bagan, without bothering to reply even! Problem with Bagan officials are that they themsleves are indiscipline, while they expect their players to be truly discipline and true to the task - which many players who are aggressive in nature cannot accept. EB has a more pragmatic approach and there is always a two way communication and all  their players are treated on the same wavelength...which is a more profesional approach, hence u see none of their players are paid exorbitantly. While for Bagan , u have a different rule for Odafa and a different rule for say a Jewel which is bound to impact on-field performance. Hence , u always require a sensible coach(with a long term contract), who can stitch both ends actually....</font></div>
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    First time Bagan officials did something good by not giving full control to Karim. That is suicidal these days. We all saw what Karim did at Salgcr and what Armando did at Dempo. Better to be safe than sorry.Karim obviously should have the final say. So Bagan may end up with Odafa, Katsumi, Eche and Tolgay/ Beto. I think its good set of players.