Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Domnic wrote: »
    First time Bagan officials did something good by not giving full control to Karim. That is suicidal these days. We all saw what Karim did at Salgcr and what Armando did at Dempo. Better to be safe than sorry.Karim obviously should have the final say. So Bagan may end up with Odafa, Katsumi, Eche and Tolgay/ Beto. I think its good set of players.

<br><div><br></div><div>Going by current form, I wud prefer Tolgay. Also age on his side; Beto is past his prime and hence sensing that its Kolkata(especially Bagan)officials who can be fooled, is now using all his clouts to come to Kolkata. If Beto is good, why EB, Dempo, Churchill or Pune not showing interest in him or why Beto not talking about a possible move to these clubs? -b'coz Beto knows only Bagan officials can be fooled and not other clubs!  </div> :D
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited April 2013
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Yea...and I think Bagan have this itchy feeling, always to approach players of EB. I remember, a few season back EB had started this game of player snatching when Subrata Paul, Mehrajuddinn and Mehtab switched over to EB and ever since that incident Bagan has been chasing EB players with their tail up.....thats being so bloody myopic! We all know the story of Kalidas, but he atleast did it once..Bagan have infact put Kalidas to shame!!!!! Imagine Sanju Pradhan - who being a captain has not been a regular starter in the EB lineup and now toying with the Bagan recruiters! And these 3 jokers doesnt seem to have any spec of dignity and self respect. </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Most importantly, EB and MB have a different culture in which footballers are trained, their perspective of the respective clubs..their long term career goals etc... only a Nabi can gel well with Bagan culture....EB's style of play and their players are more aggressive (no offence meant to any EB supports here :-)  ) and a player like Uga, Mehtab, Mehtab, Penn cannot perform in MB where the club itself is being perceived as being more submissive - remember how Bhaichung was showcaused for not joining practise and instead was in some other place for shooting etc...so much so that Bhaichung left Bagan, without bothering to reply even! Problem with Bagan officials are that they themsleves are indiscipline, while they expect their players to be truly discipline and true to the task - which many players who are aggressive in nature cannot accept. EB has a more pragmatic approach and there is always a two way communication and all  their players are treated on the same wavelength...which is a more profesional approach, hence u see none of their players are paid exorbitantly. While for Bagan , u have a different rule for Odafa and a different rule for say a Jewel which is bound to impact on-field performance. Hence , u always require a sensible coach(with a long term contract), who can stitch both ends actually....</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Jewel has attitude problems, he is on cloud nine these days, that's what happens when you come from a lower middle class family and earn 80 lakhs in your early twenties.(I know Robin Singh's a different case, comes from a well to do family but is more in the news for his bohemian lifestyle) Kareem has been pushing jewel to work on his game given that he has age on his side but Jewel would have none of that, he started talking with other clubs instead, what nonsense ?</div><div><br></div><div>I haven't heard of anyone complaining about Kareem benching him for the last few games. Kareem is a great equalizer and although it's true that's Odafa's ego is massaged a bit more by the officials, Kareem chooses his first eleven on performance and performance alone, he has specifically mentioned that in his press conference when quizzed about his benching Jewel.</div>
    projenator wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Yea...and I think Bagan have this itchy feeling, always to approach players of EB. I remember, a few season back EB had started this game of player snatching when Subrata Paul, Mehrajuddinn and Mehtab switched over to EB and ever since that incident Bagan has been chasing EB players with their tail up.....thats being so bloody myopic! We all know the story of Kalidas, but he atleast did it once..Bagan have infact put Kalidas to shame!!!!! Imagine Sanju Pradhan - who being a captain has not been a regular starter in the EB lineup and now toying with the Bagan recruiters! And these 3 jokers doesnt seem to have any spec of dignity and self respect. </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Most importantly, EB and MB have a different culture in which footballers are trained, their perspective of the respective clubs..their long term career goals etc... only a Nabi can gel well with Bagan culture....EB's style of play and their players are more aggressive (no offence meant to any EB supports here :-)  ) and a player like Uga, Mehtab, Mehtab, Penn cannot perform in MB where the club itself is being perceived as being more submissive - remember how Bhaichung was showcaused for not joining practise and instead was in some other place for shooting etc...so much so that Bhaichung left Bagan, without bothering to reply even! Problem with Bagan officials are that they themsleves are indiscipline, while they expect their players to be truly discipline and true to the task - which many players who are aggressive in nature cannot accept. EB has a more pragmatic approach and there is always a two way communication and all  their players are treated on the same wavelength...which is a more profesional approach, hence u see none of their players are paid exorbitantly. While for Bagan , u have a different rule for Odafa and a different rule for say a Jewel which is bound to impact on-field performance. Hence , u always require a sensible coach(with a long term contract), who can stitch both ends actually....</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Jewel has attitude problems, he is on cloud nine these days, that's what happens when you come from a lower middle class family and earn 80 lakhs in your early twenties.(I know Robin Singh's a different case, comes from a well to do family but is more in the news for his bohemian lifestyle) Kareem has been pushing jewel to work on his game given that he has age on his side but Jewel would have none of that, he started talking with other clubs instead, what nonsense ?</div><div><br></div><div>I haven't heard of anyone complaining about Kareem benching him for the last few games. Kareem is a great equalizer and although it's true that's Odafa's ego is massaged a bit more by the officials, Kareem chooses his first eleven on performance and performance alone, he has specifically mentioned that in his press conference when quizzed about his benching Jewel.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Agree completely! </div>
    edited April 2013
    First time Bagan officials did something good by not giving full control to Karim. That is suicidal these days. We all saw what Karim did at Salgcr and what Armando did at Dempo. Better to be safe than sorry.Karim obviously should have the final say. So Bagan may end up with Odafa, Katsumi, Eche and Tolgay/ Beto. I think its good set of players.

<br><div><br></div><div>Power corrupts, no wonder I was always opposed to the system at Dempo, even after Dempo won 5 I league titles. It was common knowledge in Calcutta what Armando was doing behind the scenes but Goan fans would have none of it, they would rather adorn Armando with knighthood and what not ?</div><div><br></div><div>Given the corruption in recruiting at the Big two in Calcutta, a lot of fans vouch for a more democratic system, which is what we are trying to work towards here. But as is always the case, democracy, in its truest sense takes time but historically, it's THE SYSTEM WHICH LASTS.  Let me know any dictatorship which has historically passed the test of TIME.</div>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Power corrupts, no wonder I was always opposed to the system at Dempo, even after Dempo won 5 I league titles. It was common knowledge in Calcutta what Armando was doing behind the scenes but Goan fans would have none of it, they would rather adorn Armando with knighthood and what not ?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Given the corruption in the recruiting at the Big two in Calcutta, a lot of fans vouch for a more democratic system, which is what we are trying to work towards here. But as is always the case, democracy, in its truest sense takes time but historically, it's THE SYSTEM WHICH LASTS.  Let me know any dictatorship which has historically passed the test of TIME.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But, I wud say EB have a more transparent system....officials are not corrupt atleast. and u can make out that, given the way how both the clubs are managed and the kind of far farsightedness EB officials have, is evident from the recruitment they make and hence the results which they boast of.  </font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Power corrupts, no wonder I was always opposed to the system at Dempo, even after Dempo won 5 I league titles. It was common knowledge in Calcutta what Armando was doing behind the scenes but Goan fans would have none of it, they would rather adorn Armando with knighthood and what not ?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Given the corruption in the recruiting at the Big two in Calcutta, a lot of fans vouch for a more democratic system, which is what we are trying to work towards here. But as is always the case, democracy, in its truest sense takes time but historically, it's THE SYSTEM WHICH LASTS.  Let me know any dictatorship which has historically passed the test of TIME.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But, I wud say EB have a more transparent system....officials are not corrupt atleast. and u can make out that, given the way how both the clubs are managed and the kind of far farsightedness EB officials have, is evident from the recruitment they make and hence the results which they boast of.  </font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Kalyan Majumdar and Nitu Sarkar are no saints, no wonder the former is at odds with Morgan.  Their key man is Babu Bhattacharya aka Santosh Bhattacharya, their chief recruiter. Had the MB recruiting head been as prudent as the one at their archrival's </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Kalyan Majumdar and Nitu Sarkar are no saints, no wonder the former is at odds with Morgan.  Their key man is Babu Bhattacharya aka Santosh Bhattacharya, their chief recruiter. Had the MB recruiting head been as prudent as the one at their archrival's </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well...thats a wishlist!</div><div><br></div><div>However, I think apart from Babu, Shanti Dasguta has a calming influence on the overall functioning... Nice person and he is one of the reasons, why EB management is atleast better off than MB. Kalyan Majumder is too cheap I feel...always tring to demean people around....</div>
    edited April 2013

<br><div><br></div><div>Well...thats a wishlist!</div><div><br></div><div>However, I think apart from Babu, Shanti Dasguta has a calming influence on the overall functioning... Nice person and he is one of the reasons, why EB management is atleast better off than MB. Kalyan Majumder is too cheap I feel...always tring to demean people around....</div>
    <div><br></div><div>Agree Shanti ranjan Dasgupta has his "om shanti om" influence with his wisdom. Yesterday for a change, the secretary defended the coach. The fans demonstrated against the players, Penn, Robin, Ralte and justfiably so. Well, if everything's goin right with our archrivals, why have they always finished second in the I league, just that they are doing more things right doesn't necessarily mean there's everything right about them. Just take yesterday's game for an example, why would a team in title race play so casually in the first half the way they did, what has the coach got to do with it, it's time player's performance is sliced and diced very scientifically in India using modern methodologies and the culprits punished. </div><div><br></div><div>I am aghast that any player with 80% mispasses in a crucial game like Sanju Pradhan did yesterday would be so shameless to ask for 1 crore. There needs to be checks and balances in the system to stop this kind of crap. I am afraid there are rumors floating around this morning that  Sanju's a done deal for us, not sure how much is this true, is this professionalism ? </div><div><br></div><div>Raju Gaekwad became a hero overnight for his goal line save in the Tampines rover's home game, tell me what else has he done right rest of the season both for his club and the national team. In spite of having one of the best, if not the best bench strength in the country, they are no more in the title hunt having drawn four consecutive I-league games at this crucial juncture.<br></div><div><br></div><div>What do you think of Uga Opara's performance all season, especially the drawn Air India game, the drawn Dempo game ? What's the coach gonna do, plead with Opara to chase the ball ?</div><div><br>I can go on and on............. It's just that our recruiting team is worse or is more corrupt than theirs. But then we have a bigger kitty than them, which can work wonders if utilized wisely, before you tell me, I know I know it is a dream as of the present.</div>