Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    Honestly I liked the one from last season better.

<br><div><br></div><div>The general feedback on the last season's jersey was that it had too much maroon and very little green on it, so there was a conscious effort to have more green on the jersey</div>
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited July 2012
    projenator wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>The general feedback on the last season's jersey was that it had too much maroon and very little green on it, so there was a conscious effort to have more green on the jersey</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Why was that an issue. Maroon jersey and than the green shorts. Also I am guessing that Mohun Bagan have dropped Adidas.</div>
    projenator wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Why was that an issue. Maroon jersey and than the green shorts. Also I am guessing that Mohun Bagan have dropped Adidas.</div>

<br><br>As of June, negotiations were on and FILA was the front runner. I have been busy this month, so couldn't go to the club.
    edited July 2012
    <br><div><br></div><div>Why was that an issue. Maroon jersey and than the green shorts.</div>

<br><br>There's a bunch of fans who are enamored with heritage and heritage alone, wherein lies the challenge of running a club like MB, literally a trial by fire. They want it like it always has been, green and maroon on the jersey with white shorts.  Also last season (2011-12) the arch rivals went back to their heritage jersey.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">That will look ugly. Maroon & Green Jersey with White shorts would be disgusting.</font>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">That will look ugly. Maroon & Green Jersey with White shorts would be disgusting.</font>

<br><div><br></div><div>True, lets see who finally wins, aesthetics or populism ?? Going by the current officials who oversee the day to day functioning of the club, I am afraid it will be populism.</div>
  • projenator wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">That will look ugly. Maroon & Green Jersey with White shorts would be disgusting.</font>

<br><div><br></div><div>True, lets see who finally wins, aesthetics or populism ?? Going by the current officials who oversee the day to day functioning of the club, I am afraid it will be populism.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>True, true. Oh well. Heres to hope that at least East Bengal will actually get a better jersey at least. To much chest hair last season for my liking.</div><div><br></div><div>As for Prayag and Pailan. Prayag is a lost case. Where did that yellow color come from. Pailan I fear the worse.</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I personally thought Babul Supriyo's design was pathetic! And I was convinced when you posted the next design! Man they are class apart.....I would have got one for myself if something like that was chosen by MB officials
    edited July 2012
    somesh wrote: »
    I personally thought Babul Supriyo's design was pathetic! And I was convinced when you posted the next design! Man they are class apart.....I would have got one for myself if something like that was chosen by MB officials

<br><br>Totally hear you, mate but what can you do if you have a bunch of morons running the day to day administration of the club.  Their approach is that of a typical Indian politician. Loyalty rules the roost.<br><br>Most in the facebook groups had nothing good to say about the jersey design, even a few like me wondered why could the Agnimitra Paul design not used for the senior team as well, that was better than this.<br><br>All that being said, the best we can do is build a strong public opinion against the current officials while in full support of Mohun Bagan, the institution. <br>