Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited October 2012

http://feverpitch.in/SiteWeb/Newsdesc.aspx?SID=DC0D0A59-295B-4EB9-A260-D09FD8ADA949

Karim's interview from yesterday.

The above article was written from Karim's interview to Bengali daily ABP, link to which is below.

http://www.anandabazar.com/21khela2.html

• "There were reports that Bencherifa was displeased with something during their visit to Shillong to play Lajong" There has to be more than that to want to leave. Personally he is not a traitor from a neutral point but I do think he will regret his move.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

The problem is that MB was in touch with him during the games in the North East. Thats why he is saying that he made up his mind earlier and both of them were waiting for a reason for Santosh to exit. Two losses and that was the trigger. Out went Santosh, In came Karim who already had his bags packed.

• I wonder if Goa clubs will ever take Odafa and Karim back in future if they are removed from Mohan Bagan. Noone will give them that sort of money.

• > munna21977 said:
    > I wonder if Goa clubs will ever take Odafa and Karim back in future if they are removed from Mohan Bagan. Noone will give them that sort of money.

Yea, agree with u completely. Its MB who have always hiked the package of players and most of these guys are overrated. Now they have done the same with a coach. This is MB's history. MB probably was the first club who crossed a lakh in terms of players' package (probably Prasanta Banerjee), then they followed it with other players in subsequent time - v.i.z. Chima, Sammy Omollo, Barreto(from Mahindra), Bhaichung(and now with Odafa and Tolgay) with exorbitant price hike. And come to think of these players, they haven't actually performed to their true potential - the reason for which they were hired actually. And hence these players haven't been retained after couple of seasons in most occassions. MB haven't had the footballing brain to scout for talent - be it either local/budding talents/foreigners(except Barretto,Igor and one Thai defender). Other foreigners who were good recruit, but were axed without giving them the time to settle are Beto and Marcos Pereira, and all of us know how these guys have performed in other clubs after their exit .Its high time that the officials think through it and look for qlty players, instead of unnecessarily investing on overrated players. Its important to use the available fund judiciously. Also its not about money always which motivates a player to perform - its the culture of the club/fellow players/officials/professionalism of a club which is equally important. 

• Whats the update of MB vs AI match today? Any link?

• MB leading 1-0 courtesy a Odafa strike in the 68th minute.

• 67' min : Odafa scores for MB . MB leads 1-0

• still leading by 1-0 in the 88th minute of the game.

• Odafa has been denied by the woodwork four times until now.