Indian Super League Season T Post-Season Thread

Comments

• AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    After one edition of ISL, ATK and Athletico Madrid are at loggerheads. Kerala Blasters owes money to it's players. DD is changing hands.

A great future ahead for football in India. I can see India breaking in to top 50s within a couple of years when ISL will be played between 4 or 5 teams in 4 legged preliminaries and then 4 legged Semi Finals and of course a best of 5 final.
    AIFF will be so busy in chalking up the ISL schedule, they will totally forget National Team and I-League and then get suspended.

Indian Football Dead, Long Live IMG-R (erstwhile AIFF)
    atuljg
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    @AKB, no; ISL will keep on being an 8 team 'league', 5-6 of them owned by Reliance, and it will be Nita Ambani's own little private football league, with cheerleaders, film stars,1 day footy festivals, betting, and other masalas thrown in.

And it will remain India's prime tamasha and a show piece.
    AKBgoalkeeparatuljgEastBengalPride
  • bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
    But you can't disagree that ISL brought a lots of Indians' support towards football which was lacking. ISL acted as a catalyst in the the Indian football system. As per me I don't want to see who changes owners who changes players as long as we get to see good football we are happy. Changing owners regularly happen in abroad so don't take the pressure of management of the clubs @AKB they have personals thinking about it. Meanwhile we want a good league with proper infrastructure and youth system which I think will take some time. It is too early to give negative reviews about ISL only because MB is not playing in it or facing a crisis of league being shut down because of ISL. MB will continue to live long, don;t worry @AKB.  
    ArsenalFan700atuljg
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited April 2015
    @bida 25

Yes, Mohun Bagan have lived long.... 125 years and going strong and I'm not worried at all. 
    I'm giving negative reviews about ISL not because Mohun Bagan is not playing it. What I'm disgusted about is that ISL is organized at the expenses of I-League (only 41/2 m  time) and the proposed thinking of closing Federation Cup. Let AIFF conduct I-League and Federation Cup like they used to do (from start of October to mid May) before they were purchased by IMG-R I will be more than happy. Without affecting Indian traditional Club football whether they organize ISL or for that matter any SL I don't care.
    atuljg
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    i-league can never do this
    atuljgbida 25 AKB
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    ^^ he may be age fraud
    munna219777
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Am sorry, It must have been India reached the hights of top 100 ever since I-league must have been started.
    Your debate on how ISL is going to ruin indian football doesnt stand a chance in any ground of argument as its been poorer than when NFL was shut down.
    atuljg
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points

these are grassroot SCOUTING program as per the articles on the site

"

The Club-organised grassroots scouting festivals got underway on Tuesday, April 7 at the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati. The 10-day long hunt for India’s most talented children will conclude on April 16 at the Ambedkar Stadium in Delhi.

The festivals will cover all the eight cities that currently house the ISL franchises. Four of the eight festivals have already been conducted. The dates and cities the festivals will cover are listed below.

Following the conclusion of these festivals the most talented children from these festivals will be chosen for the National Scouting Camp to be held in the month of May. Images from the festivals can be found on the website and our social media platforms.

"

SO I believe this is good

• souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points

Its a true fact that we lack a lot in terms of proper Scouting which in itself is the first steps towards a proper programme of Youth Development. ANd yes these 10 day programme ar far from it..

But its better than just picking players randomly..The one thing that is correctly being done is all Franchises are involved in Scouting..

It is not the responsibility of AIFF or I-League or ISL board alone to do scouting, everyone should get involved. This was surely lacking and is lacking still in I-league..

Good approach and sense is better atleast

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @AKB How can AIFF organize I-League as normal when the ISL uses the Indian players from the I-League? The I-League would suffer as the quality would be rubbish and you can't compete against ISL when it is going on. Add to that, once the ISL is over, the players will return to their I-League clubs and will need time to assimilate back into the team so that is why the Federation Cup would be scrapped.

Things are changing, I believe for the best.
    atuljg
This discussion has been closed.