Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Currently we have 13x8=104 Indians who are playing in ISL. 104 Indians who have equal chance to prove the coach that they should be in starting 11. 104 Indians who are having the same training, same facilities as other good foreign players. 104 players who are treated equally. Clubs have really gone for players whose performance have been good. Though, some players might still be in the list of undrafted players who deserve to be in ISL. But, they are not much in number. As for 72 other players, as @gaffertape rightly said. A lot of those players are bullshit and crap. They don't deserve to play football. I promise I can do a better job than most of them.

I have scene a number of players who are good. Have good technical abilities but dont want to turn professional. Most of them are from influential families and their family businesses have to be taken care of.
  • souravindiasouravindia 3679 Points

yeah maybe most are just shit..but you r not getting the right picture..

just think about this..to get the best possible players how much scouting is required? similarly for a sustained league to get the 100 odd players up to the mark, how much average players would be there or required..

It is more about future I am worried about..how many going to take football as a profession knowing that probably only 100 odd would be sustainable in Indian football market..

you are not going to get the best talents take to football unless you also have a proper market on a large scale..players should know if they are not good enough for football at the highest level, still they have a chance to earn their living..

Unless you create a big and proper market with the best at the top, you will not get the best at the top..

No wonder with advent of I-league, and lowering of other footballing scale, talent in India has further reduced..

• sunnysunny 207 Points
    One thing is that all the indian players come from i-league system. Isl will never produce Indian players. I-league is more important for indian football than isl. 3 months league is not enough for a professional player.
    munna219777deepu
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    1. Beikhokhei Beingaichho>unlucky to not get picked , goo squad player
    2. Soram Poirei>not U-23 anymore & 2 games in 2 years isn't ideal , even for a back up GK
    3. Malemnganba Meitei>not U-23 anymore & 2 games in 2 years isn't ideal
    4. Shilton D'Silva>was fortunate that BFCand then MFC gave him a chance last year, not back to his best
    5. Fulganco Cardozo>Clumsy Centre Back,not ISL worthy
    6. Uttam Rai>still young, maybe in a few years will get a chance
    7. Chinta Chandrashekar Rao ( not ISL worthy )
    8. Alwyn George>Bad habits , and poor form over last 2 years are costing him !
    9. Germanpreet Singh>still young, maybe in a few years will get a chance
    10. Rahul Bheke>Good for I-League  , but you would take foreign Defenders instead of him , no pace
    11. Avinabo Bag>not ISL worthy
    12. Abhinash Ruidas>not ISL worthy
    13. Lalkamal Bhowmick>Fat,overweight , lazy..
    14. Sampath Kutty Mani>not ISL worthy
    15. Collin Abranches>just returned from injury ,& needs to work harder to return to his best
    16. Reisangmei Vashum>real age catching up on him,better prospects around
    17. Salam Ranjan Singh>hardly played last season , needs to leave PFC to grow
    18. Munmun Lugun>over rated from last year,not ISL worthy
    19. Velington Rocha>not ISL worthy
    20. Lalramluaha Hmar>not going to play in DM ahead of the ones available or foreign players
    reddevil87namewtheldarchaknikhilDX

1. Matthew Gonsalves>too old ,too slow
    2. Nikhil Kadam>better options available than him,also too lightweight
    3. C. Lallawmzuala>too short as a a full back,but handy wing back
    4. Nikhil Bernard>not a good enough GK for even 2nd choice in ISL
    5. All of these , with the exception of Avinabo Bag & Matthew Gonzalves are I-League worthy , and will have a club in January...in the meantime should be content to play Goa Pro League , CFL 

reddevil87
    Can go thru the entire list this way , and find probably 7 of the 72 , ,who probably deserve a chance at the expense of the likes of Israel Gurung , Manish Maithani , Sushanth Mathew types , so only a 10% error....NOT BAD for season 2 , and a massive improvement from last year.

reddevil87atuljgarchakcoolgagansouravindiaDX
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I guess if ISL gets over with signing outside the draft, we might see only better players getting. Among the draft player picked, the mistakes are very less.
    eradicate  the nexus , and better player will be in draft , and also eliminated from the pool...

guys like Renedy Singh , and Ishfaq had 2 year deals with IMG_R , so offering them coaching roles is a way to cost save
    munna219777
  • RathindraRathindra kolkata95 Points
    What you are trying to mention but not doing it, I am coming out from the hide & seek game.........it should be made clear that the 'NEXUS' ...the nexus between IMGR and Bhutia & Co.should be eradicated first. Swallowing a handful amount of commission they have put in some craps like Nabi, N.Mohonraj,Marlanki etc. while some young and prospective players could not make it to ISL.  He is the most powerful decision making authority in Indian Football and everyone is just wondering what will happen to them upon whom his favour is not showered. Out and out opportunistic person, tried his luck in the Parliamentary Election and after the defeat there he just switched his focus on to Indian Football....continuously advocating for Constantine who moves every inch at the DEVIl's footstep (the devil I am mentioning about) and see the recent performance of the Indian side....   just worst of its lot !! What more worse an Indian coach could do to the Indian Football ???
    munna219777namewtheld
  • TNAmarkFromIndiaTNAmarkFromIndia India419 Points
    FC Pune City's new kit sponsor is Adidas.

Delhi Dynamos' new kit sponsor is Puma.
    namewthelddebarghya89archak