Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    blogs.economictimes.indiatimes.com/flavours-of-kolkata/helder-postiga-signs-as-marquee-player-for-atletico-de-kolkata/
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Read an article today in TOI. Postiga was apprehensive about coming to India as he thought this will neither benefit his career nor would give him a chance to play for Portugal. Could actually prove to be detrimental for his career.
    But, then ATM comes to rescue and convinced him that he will not be a mere player. But, rather leader who will inspire the whole team.
    Still keeps me wondering, how did Postiga land up in India. I mean any decent player with some years of football left in him would have other options. Money is not everything. But, career progression is.
    Well, anyways. CHEERS! He's here.
    Maybe he opens the gates for other players to come here.
    But, @ArsenalFan700 , what do you think about the marquees this season? Apart from Carlos(LOL), others are a great improvement IMO. Best part is that all of them were playing top flight football last season. Better things to come?
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    edited July 2015
    @coolgagan ATM deserves a hats off for being able to bring in 3 players from La liga Borja, Javi Lara and Postiga
    reddevil87dhritiman7coolgagan
    I believe this time around, the spine of the team will be foreigners. ATK will go for an Indian goalkeeper and 4 outfield players. 2 defenders and 2 midfielders. 
    Maybe Habas would give Indians fair chance to fight for the important positions in teams. But, ultimately would select who would do good in training. 
    Indians have some tough competition there. 
    But, most of the teams this time are building sensibly. They realized that quality of game decreased towards the second half and more towards business end of the tournament when it was difficult to score goals.
    So, teams are looking to get a balanced squad with all good players unlike last time. ROTATION would be big time this season if teams are to maintain quality on field.
    ENDURANCE SUPER LEAGUE this is!
    reddevil87
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    What I like about the ATK is that they have competition at each position and bench player equally good as first team player!! Also there are many players who can play mulitple positions. Definitely, rotation is on mind of Habbas. 

As far as position of GK is concerned, it will depend upon situation. I am pretty sure ATK will start with a foreign GK but might replace him with Indian GK mid-season.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    Good hoodwinking job by ATK.
    munna219777
    Hoodwinking! Look at the positive side!
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    Of course I am seeing the positive side! Why do you think I am always anti-ISL?
    coolgagan
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    I believe Postiga will go to China after ISL
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    "It's their (ISL clubs) decision eventually but I think any player gets a major injury in his career and deserves a chance to come back from it. I could have played but I believe in giving 100 per cent to the cause rather than play with an injury -- I like being honest with those who pick me when some players can lie their way through injury and play," Manandeep told Firstpost over the phone from Norway.

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/from-4th-highest-paid-indian-in-isl-2014-to-a-season-of-redemption-manandeeps-comeback-begins-2368238.html