United Sikkim FC

Comments

• well have you ever seen Mohammedan sporting in I-league/national football league on TV? they bring crowd and so will shillong clubs becoz people in NE love their football. average east bengal crowd for CFL  how much is that- well I-league bring more crowd. Even Mumbai FC would have managed crowd but Cooperage stadium fiasco and Bombay clubs had to play in Pune screwed everything.<br><br>I just hope that some sanity restores in minds of IMG-Reliance and they play games in evening time-not this 3:30 PM.<br>
  • munna21977 wrote: »
    well have you ever seen Mohammedan sporting in I-league/national football league on TV? they bring crowd and so will shillong clubs becoz people in NE love their football. average east bengal crowd for CFL  how much is that- well I-league bring more crowd. Even Mumbai FC would have managed crowd but Cooperage stadium fiasco and Bombay clubs had to play in Pune screwed everything.<br><br>I just hope that some sanity restores in minds of IMG-Reliance and they play games in evening time-not this 3:30 PM.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Yes, I have seen matches featuring Mohammedan as the home side.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    munna21977 wrote: »
    well have you ever seen Mohammedan sporting in I-league/national football league on TV? they bring crowd and so will shillong clubs becoz people in NE love their football. average east bengal crowd for CFL  how much is that- well I-league bring more crowd. Even Mumbai FC would have managed crowd but Cooperage stadium fiasco and Bombay clubs had to play in Pune screwed everything.<br><br>I just hope that some sanity restores in minds of IMG-Reliance and they play games in evening time-not this 3:30 PM.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Yes, I have seen matches featuring Mohammedan as the home side.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>When and how?</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    rudra wrote: »
    munna21977 wrote: »
    well have you ever seen Mohammedan sporting in I-league/national football league on TV? they bring crowd and so will shillong clubs becoz people in NE love their football. average east bengal crowd for CFL  how much is that- well I-league bring more crowd. Even Mumbai FC would have managed crowd but Cooperage stadium fiasco and Bombay clubs had to play in Pune screwed everything.</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I just hope that some sanity restores in minds of IMG-Reliance and they play games in evening time-not this 3:30 PM.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Yes, I have seen matches featuring Mohammedan as the home side.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">When and how?</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">During our last encounter on this issue around a year ago I started looking for Mohammedan matches. I did the obvious thing and went to youtube. Sadly Mohammedan matches where they were the home side in the NFL/I-League were impossible to get.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Finally I did some google searches and found a couple home videos (video's shot from a camera (potato) in the stands) on vimeo, dailymotion, and some other websites which gave me a warning not to go on to. However I do not think any of them were shot during the old NFL days and were all from the 2008-09 season. Not sure, just a guess.</font></div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Club management to blame for United Sikkim's relegation

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2013/04/22/3921495/club-management-to-blame-for-united-sikkims-relegation

"A bunch of kids were hoisted on Hall, from which he was expected to build a competitive team."
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    <span style="font-weight: normal;">it wasn't all club management..as hall was told to pick his foreign recruits...i clearly remember his statement when he said " </span><b>i will bring players who can do the job...players who can be accounted for </b>" and finally he brought Pablo Rodrigues ,  a guy who had not kicked the ball in 5 years and was laying in the couch watching TV when suddenly he was told there is free money in SIKKIM u just need to walk around a football field....<b>USFC was a disaster</b> , who's to blame?? i guess it was a combined effort :P  hope they learn and focus on youth development for a few years before trying their luck again in 2nd division.    
  • So, what the fuck happened to Steve Hayes? Comes in and has a good game and gone. Typical.<div><br></div><div><br></div><div>And ya, USFC need to become a youth side. There is no way they can afford to remain in I-League without folding.</div>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    <div><span style="color: rgb(26, 39, 50); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">The club management failed to plan for their stint in the I-League, after gaining promotion. Lack of foresight means that the club is going down with a whimper...</span></div><div><br></div><a href="http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2013/04/22/3921495/club-management-to-blame-for-united-sikkims-relegation">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2013/04/22/3921495/club-management-to-blame-for-united-sikkims-relegation</a>;
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    it seems there wont be any relegation (air india and ONGC excluded)...source close to usfc told that Bhaichung is giving his all to find some big sponsors for next season..and want to build a strong team...he is already preparing for next season. But till the time it comes out from AIFF's mouth nothing can be said for sure.