Any chance for Churchill or Dempo getting back door entry into next year ileague?

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    I don't think Hyderabad will happen. Any idea on what happened to Air Asia's plan for a club in Chennai? Also JCT were serious about putting a club in league again. Would really be great if JCT/Chennai and Hyderabad happen, wishful thinking. Mr. Patel might get a heart attack, for it would be one hell of a league ....!
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Sad there is zero interest from Kerala...all these new clubs (Eagles etc), what happened?? The state could easily field, 2-3 teams from different cities, each attracting full houses if only someone gets their act together. Also Tata's could be convinced to field a team from Jamshedpur, if AIFF makes half an effort. they are ethical people and serious about sports, they wouldn't be caught dead in ISL me think.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    @deepakc, We Keralites are firmly on board with the ISL and not the I league. Kerala Blasters will be the representative of Kerala football and I'm sure it's the same even for FC Goa in Goa.
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    What will we do with so many teams? I mean we are a huge country and I understand the potential of so many teams. But, that is when we are a football nation with fans. We have little to no fans as of now for local football. How are we gonna manage all this in future? How will both leagues survive? Considering ISL has 8 teams and I-League 14 teams and both are running independently. How will this work out? Someone has to die, fade away and make way for other. Cause we cannot run both leagues for sure for all time.ISL can only survive like this for another 4-5 years. What after 2020? This format is OK for a start. But, not feasible. Who will answer all these questions?
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Thus why from now till 2022 will be important for Indian football. What will happen? We don't know. We have a lot of things though happening from 2015 to 2022 and we need success in these things if we are EVER to make it in football.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    A strong 2nd Division League can accomodate new clubs. Like this ridiculous Kalyani Bharat FC. Only top ot top 2 teams from there should be allowed in I-League.
    ISL experiment will not last for long. Especially now FIFA Focus will be to stay away from Corruption or Corrupt people and I do not see them meeting IMG-Reliance in the near future. What happened to the Ticket black marketing done by Reliance Group in last world cup?
    goalkeepar
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Regardless of if ISL stays or not, the 2nd Division should be disbanded.
    goalkeeparmunna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29258 Points
    fed cup is killed. IFA shield made into a u19 tournament. i-league is about to die and now u want to kill the 2nd division. because u believe by playing 2 month circus we will qualify for 2018 world cup.
    deepakcmunna219777
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    What happens o Dempo players?  Terminate contracts and find new clubs? Uttam Rain and Alwyn George?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9961 Points
    @naujawan, they can loan the long-contracted players to other clubs.