I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Those talents btw at I-League clubs are doing what exactly? This is Indian football... we only have a couple talents.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    ISL is another platform for Indian crooked businessmen to launder money and turn their black money into white. This is after the government and cops went after IPL. I genuinely feel, ATK winning the first season was fixed, Kolkata is the biggest market. 

Way forward is to merge ISL with I-League in a structure which conforms to AFC norms. No ISL franchise can keep their current budget if its a full season league, they will come down to the budget levels of 10-15 crores which EB, MB, BFC, PFC can match.

Fight now! 
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Gaffertape Did say that he would place his bet on ATK to win the league before it even began.... so ya... go with that.

It was a nice ended... too good... last minute of the final between 2 teams with the 2 best (and most) fans, and it is the unknown INDIAN who scores the winner past a World Cup goalkeeper.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    ISL is a well Choreographt and well Scripted Sports entertainment show where the winner is already fixed before it starts. 2nd semi goa vs Kolkata was fixed and Santos was paid good by IMG to play shit in that match and miss the penalty. he is now not returning to ISL because he has fear that he may get caught. if fixing can happen in IPL why can't it happen in ISL.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    @goalkeeper you have proof of that?

Not sure on fixing part or something.. Am coming from Chennai which is historically been ignored in the football map. Also the ISL was supposed to go to Banglore before coming to chennai as a last resort. With the support and the talent in chennaiyin we proved a whole lot of people wrong on how chennai welcomes good quality sports beyond cricket.

Offcourse i support ISL bcos it shows the key loophole of what I-league is - ITS NOT PAN NATIONAL.

So it depends on which side you are on. I can vouch that even in Bangalore people would rather see BFC in ISL than in the I-league, Goa supports ISL rather than I-league, Guwahati, Delhi & Even Mumbai finally has an identity through ISL and so has Chennai now.
    If I-league is for the purists, Please face the reality, Money purse is being loosened like never before, The actual meaning of Marquee (Whether they are successful or not) is being brought in ISL.
    Hell 7 PM kick off times weren't a I-league idea until ISL brought it. Meanwhile I-league would have been played at 3PM in wednesday in front of empty ground.

So think before you say ISL is shit, Its brought its own Pro's and Con's but nevertheless has popularised the sport in places where I-league is a failure.

atuljgfox
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    Now fight started. I want to officiate the match.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    I-league represents = 7 states of India and 9 city's

ISL Represents = 7 states and 8 city's

Still ISL is more Pan India then I-league :P
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Btw, Wanted to clearly state the usual ISL fan stereotype, "Am not a glory or EURO fanatic" :)

Been following indian football from its grass root level since 96' so yeah am not into something "Cool for now" kind off supporter.
    Known indian football since NFL first season and i know when i say its failed in making it a Pan national sport despite trying numerous things.
    With ISL i see a chance to cover atleast the main cities and bring in new fans (50% of a 25K average crowd per game are genuine football lovers for sure)

Hell the only football clubs played in south india apart from a brief spell of FC Kochi & now justborn club BFC are HAL & Indian Bank. so says a lot about the i-league and its brand of football.

atuljg
    edited June 2015
    Yes you are right 50% are Real football fans (euro fans to see old legends from there favrate clubs from Europe) 50% are paid Fans
    ArsenalFan700