INDIA vs IRAN World Cup Qualifier LIVE | 8 September 2015

Comments

• souravindiasouravindia 3663 Points

good that Stephen calls the duo. No harm is seeing how they fit in his scheme of things. Much better team selected than earlier rounds

Deb_Ban
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    Constantine is pretty good at contradicting himself isn't he? But having said that, this is a much better squad, perhaps the strongest he has named yet. Ghosh, Karanjit (seriously which team needs 5 GKs), Borges, Narzary, Francis (the mind boggles why he keeps getting picked) are hopefully the 5 to be axed. 

I think it is a gamble to include Narayan and Halder, but they are undoubtedly talented and will make a difference IF used properly and WHEN fit. Either way, he has Dhana to cover in case Das gets injured again, and Sehnaj and Ganesh in the event of Halder breaking down, so it makes some sense to pick them. Khongjee over Augustin and Anas or even Lalchankima is a little confusing as he dropped Khongjee for Augustin initially. 

Once again there are picks that make little sense: Borges was a squad player at ScG, while Narzary, Francis and Jeje struggled for game time and efficacy. I can see sense in including Romeo as he is undoubtedly talented, but I am shaking my head at the thought that Constantine, the archetypal British coach, rates Ghosh, and injured Karanjit and even Arindam and Subrata ahead of Amrinder.

If he sticks to he is out-dated 4-4-2 approach, we will get ripped a new arse. Play 3 in midfield, make use of the area where you have strength and potential; central midfield of Dhanpal/Halder with Sehnaj and Euegenson will make it very difficult for Iran. Use WIDE forwards properly and play Romeo, Jackichand or Vineeth to support Chhetri. Use Brandon and Robin as subs if the situation arises. CONCENTRATE on the defense. A good coach can make all the difference, but somehow I do not have any faith in the Englishman.   

reddevil87namewtheld
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    edited July 2015
    Indian U19 in 2012 , 

Today 6 players from this squad named in Indian football team 

Sehnaj- Narayan 
    Brandon - pronay 
    Holicharan 

Pritam was part of Sub bench 
    Deb_Banreddevil87munna219777
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Bcz he was U19 , Look Holi then and now 
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    5 GK and he included Sanjiban Ghosh. Real waste of space in the squad. He should have included Seityasen Singh instead. Look beyond Holicharan Narzary!!!!
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited July 2015
    Holicharan has taken lessons from Bello Razzak. Both of them never age with time. :((
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    noops bro he took lessons from Penn Orgi

he was reading Penn Orgi's book how to remain under 23 forever
    reddevil87goalkeepardhritiman7rathorevarun4
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29707 Points
    jeje,holi,Ghost makes it before Balwant and Houkip
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    This is also the last Indian team jersey sold by Nike, since then Indian team jersey's have been unavailible...
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    East Bengal may not release their players for preparatory camp of Iran match as per 24 ghanta. 
This discussion has been closed.