INDIA vs IRAN World Cup Qualifier LIVE | 8 September 2015

Comments

• @DX ... just wondering did OMAN play in 1st 2nd or 3rd gear with us..

why do we complain Vs IRAN  match only..Probably if we had the same setup  we would have drawn or maybe won with OMAN... its a possibility seeing how we played IRAN,

now even if the 2 best countries play one team will win or there can be a draw, there will be positives and negatives always for both teams. thats a given.In a top notch football nation deficiencies will be rectified or looked at , measures are taken to improve, in India's case i have no such hope for reasans we all know ...... personally my view is its better to be positive and pat the team on the back rather then harp on the pessimistic side.

Lastly I am sure our players are aware that IRAN were not at their best game, but my point is its not the INDIAN players fault right,
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    @Sudheer and Mohammed:  Actually its Ronnie, got registered incorrectly as Ronny here and been like that ever since!..Many fans think its a cheaper version of Rooney :P
    rudramohammed_87hassanarunkartik91EastBengalPride
  • Just out of context but I remember Finals of one IFA shield played in the 90s at the time of Ancheri, Baichung, Vijayan.

MB lost 2-0 to them, but the way MB played second half, still soothes in front of my eyes..They dominated the second half entirely agains the Iran club..

I will check to see if I can figure out some stats from that match..

But goes to show really how much we DECLINED, irrespective eof what others think about progress.

• @souravindia I am not sure about that. I checked and Mohun Bagan did not play any Iran club in Finals of IFA shield. once JCT Mills defeated Karkh Club of Iraq 1-0 in 1996 and they had Bhutia and company.
  • @souravindia I got it now. You are talking about 1994 finals of DCM Trophy when Bahaman Club of Iran defeated Mohun Bagan 2-0 in Finals.
  • If Mohan Bagan Defeated was defeated.. then its not a decline
  • Just thinking what will happen when NT=NT-Sunil Chhetri :(
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    No point comparing club with country. Clubs use foreigners and no clue what is the status of that club in Iran. I would rather use India vs UAE example, where we won 1-0
  • yes correct.not comparing. but still I saw that match shown in DD 1  that time..and still remember the way the team played. and second half was just awesome.. anyways.. such trivias are shortcoming now a days
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points
    edited September 2015
    some analyisis

India from SAFF 2013

matches played - 14

goals scored-14

Sunil Chhetri- 10
    others-4
    Sunil Chhetri-71.4%
    under Constantine Sunil -100%

the four others
    Arnab Mondal,Clifford Miranda,Rahim Nabi,Francis Fernandez

so out of those other 4 only Arnab is In Indian team currently

Strikers used after Baichung retired
    JEJE 25 games 8 goals
    Robin 21 games 1 goal
    Joquim Abranches 11 games 1 goal
    Cs Sabeeth 2 games 0 goals
    Manandeep 2 games 0 goals
    Victorino 1 game 0 goal
    Balwant 1 game 0 goal
    Dawson 1 game 0 goal
    that accounts 64 games 10 goals

also there is Baljit Sahini but I dont think he played after Baichung retired
    And JEJE 4 goals were when India sent under 23 team to SAFF

JEJE was promising at start but faded
    rest all were crap
    Balwant And Victorino didn't get chances

so we're are others
    is Chhetri Only striker in India we have
    and now since he started playing a bit deep who gonna score
    rudrashankarnamewtheldThe real AGmunna219777kartik91
This discussion has been closed.