INDIA vs IRAN World Cup Qualifier LIVE | 8 September 2015

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    What is jackiechand singh height ?

I like him and if he would be bought up in japan he would be a different player all together
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29700 Points
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    shibier  We finish last and still we still can go through to next round...
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited September 2015
    We need to start getting something out of Home Games.

2014 world cup Qualification, we managed 2-2 Draw with UAE. Armando Colaco was Coach and Venue was Delhi.

2010 World Cup Qualification, we managed 2-2 Draw with Lebanon. Bob Houghton was Coach and Venue was Goa.

Home Games we can manage a Draw atleast. Unless we see atleast 1 point from  Home Game, Result should be considered  BAD. We are forgeting that Turkmenistan and Guam managed to hold mighty Iran and Oman for Draw at Home.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Was waiting for the dust to settle and all the usual hysteria to die down before posting .

Whilst on the surface it looks ( especially for TV viewers ) as a brave performance & a good scoreline ( i.e. 1-0 at Half time and 3-0 at the end  , with some chances) , the reality for those watching closely in the stands was something else. 

IRAN took India extremely lightly ,i was close enough to hear Carlos Quiroz and his staff getting irate with the players in the 1st half... the lackadasical approach of the Iranian front players and the penchant for wanting to over elaborate everything was all too evident.
    They knew they would win , and that too with a big margin , so they tried to take 1 touch too many , dribble when the pass was on ,or over complicate scenario's.
    Their coach was kicking bottles and screaming at his Captain on a few occasions when the players failed to shoot in the box and tried an extra pass or trick to evade the brave Indian defenders who flung themselves at everything.

The goal from a set-piece would be the sign to open the flood-gates. No sooner had the goal gone in , the captain was berated again at the sideline as he took a drink. Their play improved but the same issues were still present , which led to the massive dressing down at Half-time.

---
    The change in play at the break , from the team playing in 2nd gear , came the Iran we all know, slick 1 & 2 touch passing , and carving India apart at will. Great movement by the #17 Mehdi Teremi , and complete attacking play by Vahid Amiry (#10) & Sardar Azmoun (#20) . They scored with ease & added the 3rd minutes later , to settle their Coach down  ,and give them the cushion they needed.
    What followed was again , the reason the score-line was only 3-0.
    They were content with the 3-0 scoreline , and although they tried to score-again. The complacency at the back , coupled with the show-boating on the left wing by their players , meant that they were looking for a "prefect goal" rather than humiliate India.
    Some more brave defending by Sandesh * and some profligate finishing led to the scoreline staying where it was.

--
    Iran backed by a Home crowd and a smoother pitch will turn the screw in , in the return leg.
    There were some positives and I will touch upon them ,but make no mistake , Iran are a class apart and their cockiness saved SC and the team from a lot worse.
    footydipmunna219777atuljgDXsamdeepakcAshleshgoalkeeparThe real AGsilicon3and 2 others.
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    fully agree that they are a class apart. Still commitment of some of our players was outstanding. I feel we should have tackled and blocked them at the midfield rather than just outside the box. need some replacement in place of eugenson and jeje. gurpreet should start more matches to gain confidence.
    Deb_Ban
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    i will give my ratings and analysis very soon enough after everything is died down. on a very high level, India beaten mainly on a tactical level and not on a committment level.

it was painfully obvious before the match that eugene and robin at the flanks offered nothing. repeatedly outflanked while offering no pace when attacking.

jacki brought in after 60 mins and what happened? the real chance which jeje shld have put away was from his cross.

we won many freekicks during the game. really frustrated that we couldnt put pressure on that in setpieces as we were outplayed in the open field.
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    that flag photo is the best I have ever seen in an Indian football game..wish fans all over India were so well organized
    deepakcrudra
  • samsam 16526 Points
    edited September 2015
    @gaffertape what Iranian coach shouted we don't know, but we, the TV viewers had the privilege of watching replays which clearly showed the fouls that were given against India and the heroic defending.  
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited September 2015
    I think @Ashlesh , you too noticed the extreme casual approach of Iran.

You raise your game when you play better opposition. ..as India valiantly did...
    BUT the opposite is true too. ..

I was in Brazil for the game where Iran could've beaten Argentina. ..and it was all too obvious that they came with the mindset that this was the team that lost to Guam who they had just hammered 6nil

As for those crying about the referee....Pranoy Halder was lucky to stay on the field. ..in a game where you have to make some tough tackles. .you don't try to pick up cards for dissent.

@sam
    I acknowledged the brave defending. ..but throwing yourself at a ball because you are hopelessly out of position doesn't compensate for some schoolboy errors.

What you don't see on TV was ...that India don't know how to set up to defend a simple throw in ( which led to the goal)

Look at the 10minutes from start of 2nd Half to the 55th minute...
    Also the 1 man wall at Long throw in's is like U-12 level tactics...

The real AGDXatuljgarun
This discussion has been closed.