Player Agents

Comments

• Because all these "agents" are linked and have realised that this is the best and easiest way to make cash. You can claim to be close to "xyz" management and give that management gyaan on which players are real quality and who makes the national team or not. Get someone a club and take 5-10% for the same. No one really does anything for the Indian players barring a few agents. And kickbacks between the coaches+management and these agents are really the manner in which players are placed.

Baichung and gang used the football players association to espouse best practices on contracts etc. None of which was followed at Utd Sikkim btw. Then goes right ahead and with Anuj Kichlu creates a representation arm of the same association - football edge is born. So a Workers Union also becomes the head hunting/placement agency. The number of players in their roster is thus explained. 
    He is helped ably by the powers that be at AIFF who believe that because he has his wonderful history for India + Arjuna - he is the man to show the path. How a man can be player+ CEO + owner + investor + interim coach/manager all at the same time? And Chairman of Technical Committee without a coaching license? And the AIFF thinks there is nothing wrong in their functioning!! Baichung spoke against chit funds but had URO on his jersey when UTD Sikkim began their campaign. Must say  that whatever respect he earned as a player - has vanished as an administrator.
    Football edge has its agents working in Pune City FC, FC Goa, Kolkata and god knows where else. 
    Beto's Get Pro is close to Goa because of his past history there. But with Sukvinder now there has to be seen how the equation changes. 
    And then there is Kunzang Bhutia's representative also. Good intentions maybe. But certainly doesn't make for best practice given you are an insider. 
    gaffertapeDomnicdeepakcDeb_Bankartik91archakfootydipThe real AGreddevil87gopiajeeshand 4 others.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Great post  =D>

fyi

:-t

me being Kunzang's agent was a joke 

I have bigger fish to fry 
    footydipkarenesudhakar2050spartarudra
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10440 Points
    Big fish
    Odafa?????
    The real AGkarenesudhakar2050
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited November 2015
    @MichaelSouza. Two good posts from you. Seen you comment after a long time.

Regarding the issue of leaking out info before being public, that's the call for each individual to take. Many of the guys here (atleast on IFN) who are into following football full time, either as fans or administrators or club representatives, get a lot of info. Not a big deal to get inside info in a relatively small and exclusive group called "Indian Football Followers". Btw, not all the info is being given out over here. Only the stuff that seems reasonable is being given out.
    archakfootydipdeepakc
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    Why has Sukhi left libero and joined Goa? Surely agency work more lucrative given they do lot of deals all over..
    deepakc
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Perhaps the CEO gig at FC Goa has more perks than we know of.
  • Now Sunil Chettri has exhorted his fellow players to join the Football Players Association of India ("FPAI"). Good agreement between FPAI/Baichung and Sunil. I would be keen to know the profit sharing arrangement between Football Edge and Sonu Lamba. 
    Clearly shows that everyone is just out to make money in the garb of development a
    gaffertapearchakfootydipreddevil87The real AGspartaclayton SFCDomnicmunna219777
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    yes I noticed that. I thought sunil was not much into bhaichung's nexus. Who is sonu lamba?
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    I am a big fan of Chettri. Still if he turns into another Zombie like Bhaichung, he will lose all respect. I hope he will not become one. :(
    (PS. I still stick to the fact he is a legend in terms of contribution to NT, and only one competent NT striker we have, but you need to be a good person to earn respect, not a creature who craves for money only)
    The real AGDomnicclayton SFCreddevil87kartik91
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10440 Points
    Lamba is Robin Singh I think
    Domnickarenesudhakar2050