2016 I-League 2nd Division

Comments

• atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    It should be an even number. 9/11 sucks!
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Bengali media reported AIFF watering down the interpretation of Club licensing criteria and none of the teams who played last I-League are to be disqualified. Interesting indeed!
    munna219777
  • If ISal can be played between Franchises without satisfying ACL Club licencing criteria then why not I League?
    samiammunna219777
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Ideally I would not like the licensing requirements too much....once #IMG decides what kind of single league India will have (hopefully in next 2-3 years) I would like those clubs/franchises to be of ACL standard. Left alone, both current ISL franchises and ileague clubs are not going to invest in training infra, youth academies, better local scouting....

Right now, with the mess domestic calendar is in, both the set of clubs have an excuse that its unfeasible for a 3 month existence....
    I was hoping that with a good amount of critiscm from media (which did happen) #aiff could have requested to #IMG to come off their high horse and allow a streamlined domestic structure.....but these guys have real thick skins.
    munna219777
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    The owner Yogesh Maurya is doing Coaching License so that he can take informed decisions! That is just great!!

"I want to be a well-informed owner. I would like to understand the game, technically, so that our decisions can be better. At our club, the technical department is at the top of the hierarchy," said Maurya
    kartik91ArsenalFan700munna219777
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

The problem in the past has been that there had been clubs with this sort of mentality is past mostly from NE but none have shown signs of success with the exception of may be SLFC ..

The long term plans are good to hear but with time lets hope this doesn't end up an academy side than a top national level senior team from Hyderabad which was once a hotbed for indian football

reddevil87
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Agree. Lets see what this turns out to be. Nice for them to from Hyderabad though.
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Let me be frank, this team is no good to get into I-League. Looking at current situation of I-League the owners too don't want to take risk by spending big. First team is full of youngsters from SAIL Academy, Chandigarh Academy, couple of India U-19 players and few locals.

Spending big for a shitty 2nd Division & ticket to poorly managed I-League is a big risk for a recently formed club, in a relatively unknown city where football has been close to non existence for last 10-15 years.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    3 teams qualify from each Zone...and then those 6 will also play Home and Away after January.

Probably 3 will qualify...so 2016-17 I-League will have more teams...

This year's I-League will suffer similar step motherly treatment as rhe National team is getting from ISL
    munna219777deepakcDXreddevil87