One Nation One League: I-League-ISL Merger

Comments

• SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    @DEFENCE123 problem is, money saving you from relegation isn't a good advertisement for football. And it would become very apparent if ISL and I League teams end up in same conference with money bailing ISL squads out. While an entire conference exempted from relegation is unfair, won't it be (at least on the face value) more hurting for an I League club if it gets relegated after finishing, say, 9th in a 12 team league, because last three are franchise squads?
    gaffertape
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    There's nothing called I-League-ISL Merger and not going to happen anytime soon or later. Its just hogwash. Multiple such ideas have been floated but who looks at them?
    munna219777ashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    If they wanted merger, they would have started a unified league from the start itself. IMG - Reliance was clear from the Day 1,when they signed the deal with AIFF, that they want their own IPL style league. In those days, their mouthpieces like Goal.com, Times of India used to write that Beckham is coming, Messi is coming !!
    [Deleted User]Deb_Bansouravindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points
    Now PP, KD and SD are cumming err coming!
    indian_gooner
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    No biggest scammers are AFC & FIFA!!!

It's been 2 years since promise by AIFF to AFC that they will sort things out & nothing happened!!! Nobody asking & nobody cares... Everyone is getting their payment & all happy!
    dev_pfcDeb_Banmunna219777souravindiadeepugoalkeeparashindiaindian_gooner
    And another funny thing about goal.com is:

The news about AIFF's decision about proposing ACL spot to ISL came after one day of the event. Initially new was in their "MORE" section & then somehow they made it headline out of it.

On the contrary the articles like : "Aizwal's & Churchill's stand is wrong / EB & MB backstabbing other clubs" are headlines & got coverage more than 48 hours at same spot.... talk about sold media ... 

Anyway, who's owner of goal.com??? 
    Deb_Banmunna219777goalkeepar
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited July 2019
    Americans !! Americans own everything in Indian sports.

Goal.com is run by London based media company "Perform Group"  which is owned by American equity and venture capital firm "Vista Equity Partners" HQ Austin, Texas.

While Disney own 60 channels of Star network and ISL,Pro-Kabaddi type leagues -  the TV ads like PhonePe (Walmart), Amazon Pay is all american money poured into indian sporting broadcast.

Carbon_14souravindiaindian_gooner
  • samsam 16428 Points
    EB MB were, are and will remain selfish 
    BrainFallINDIA
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    @snep We were always selfish. I would want my club to look after itself and not for fucking Minerva or a Churchill. Indian football is dead, been dead for last 40 years and will continue to be dead. I will rather support my club than cheering for some ISL whores. There is no NT anymore, it's just some bunch of Reliance paid bhadwas. Btw, in the meantime, go fuck yourself!
    goalkeeparharitrams24deepak dedhaDEFENCE123atuljgkartik91coolgaganathi_bheekaran
    @Admin: I want to dislike, wtf & laugh at above comment together... please do something:)
    goalkeepardeepak dedhagaffertapeatuljgathi_bheekaran