DSK Cup 2015

With the dearth of football tournaments this season, there is still a ray of light for Indian football with the DSK Cup. The cup which is hosted by DSK Shivajians will be hosted at the DSK Dream City football fields in Pune. I-League clubs such as Salgaocar, Dempo (yes), Pune, and Bengaluru FC will participate in the tournament while I-League hopefuls such as DSK Shivajians (A and B) and Gangtok Himalayas will play in the tournament.

Here are the groups:

Group A: Salgaocar (I-League), DSK Shivajians B, Indian Navy.
Group B: Dempo (I-League), Air India, DSK Academy.
Group C: Pune (I-League), Bengaluru FC (I-League), Gangtok Himalayas.
Group D: Deccan Rovers, DSK Shivajians A, State Bank of Travencore.

Groups and matches listed here.
deepakcDeb_Bankartik91namewtheldmunna219777

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The first day of the DSK Cup took place on 23 October 2015 with the first match being held between DSK Shivajians A defeated Deccan Rovers 4-0. The half was almost going to finish scoreless but then DSK blew up the scoreboard and went into halftime 3-0 up. Perrick Depanda scored the opener for DSK in the 42nd minute before scoring a brace in the 44th minute. Arif Shaikh added to the score in stoppage time before Ranveer Jadhav finished Rovers off in the 84th minute.

In the second match Air India defeated the DSK Academy side 1-0 with Neil Gaikwad scoring the winner in the 38th minute.

The second day started with Indian Navy defeating the DSK Shivajians B side 2-0. Bipaka Thapa and GP Sharma were the scorers in that match. Dempo meanwhile defeated Air India with Germanpreet Singh and Beevan D'Mello scoring for Dempo. Air India did score first with Mashoor Shereef before Dempo came back. 

Bengaluru FC meanwhile destroy Pune 5-0. New signing Kim Seng-yong opened his Bengaluru FC account with a hat-trick against a youthful Pune side while U19 players, Vishal Kumar and Shelton Paul, added to the scoring.

And the third day, which was today, saw Pune eliminated from the tournament, losing 5-1 to Gangtok Himalayas. Shansha opened the scoring for Gangtok before Rakesh added a second. Sudesh scored the third before Pune got one back through Pawan Pratap in the 44th minute. Nima then scored a late brace for Gangtok to finish the U17 academy side.
    deepakckartik91
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    It is important to note that this Pune FC side is their under-17 academy side.
    deepakckartik91The real AG
  • prize money
    Winner 1lac
    runners up- 75;000
    Can anybody confirm this?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    It is not a U-17 side...don't trust PFC media...

It is a team made up of their former U19 team...some of whom are not eligible for the I-League U-18 due to age...and some from their U17 team.

There is not a single player on that squad who is Under the age of 17. ( there is one Mizo player who is closer to 25 ! )

This is a team assembled by legendary age fraud master Ranjan Choudhary...and have been enjoying success at age group tournaments where their age advantage is exploited.

For every Thongkosiam Haokip and Nikhil Kadam that have come thru the youth program of PFC....there are over a 100 in the past few years who have not even managed.to play Pro football...ie not even 2nd Division.

Anyone recall the massive youth drive of PFC of 2013 with Youtube vidoes of the trials. ..
    All that came out from that was Sukdev Patil !!

Look no further than Salgaocar , Sporting Goa in terms of the best youth development (in the true sense of the words) for the west of India
    Shillong Lajong and Mizoram FA for the East zone. Some smaller clubs in Kolkata ..(coaches like Raghu Nandy and others) and Mahilpur / Chandigarh in the North.
    Kerela's SPT is a wasted project. .TFA is slowly becoming irrelevant. ..just as SESA did.

Surely a U21 League would be better publicity for DSK and money better spent than this tournament ?

AshleshArsenalFan700deepakcjithuvgoalkeeparDomnicRonnyreddevil87The real AGkartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    DSK Dream City stadium has stands? How many people came to see the games? Seating Capacity? Floodlights?
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    From the pics....no seating..but floodlit
    munna219777
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    DSKCup2015 Day 4

SBT start on a winning note. Defeat SBT 2-1.
    http://www.theindianleague.in/2015/10/dsk-cup-2015-day-4.html
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Bengaluru FC 2-1 Gangtok Himalayan SC
    deepakc
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    This is BFC u 18 right?