2015-16 I-League Round 3: The Kolkata Derby

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    I am talking about the trio, not Glenn, Norde or Katsumi independently. In isolation, Glenn is slow, Katsumi  refuses to release the ball in time, Norde is still unfit. But in combination, they are bound to be handful to any defence  in the coming days when they work out their game ...

BTW, I-league is becoming a popular destination for East Asian players. I think we are past the age of random Africans (not to say the random Aussies :) ). This, definitely, is an improvement. The Japaneses and the Koreans, even though they are still random, are technically better and more agile. Physique wise also, they are more suited to Indian opponents.

This, I think an opportunity for Indian players as Indian clubs are being clubbed with the SEA zone whose playing styles are similar. So we will be better prepared.
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29626 Points
    Bengaluru wins the match 3-0 (Kim scores a brace) and goes on top of the table with 9 points from 3 matches. They are certainly the most consistent team in the I-League.
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited January 2016
    Alright, lets try to get one thing clear, cause the "random" term is now being used so wrongly. Random Africans (Nigerians etc) was used cause these players just showed up in the Indian league and when you try to check their history there is nothing! Did they come from the Nigerian league? An Asian league? Did he just show up out of nowhere? Guys like Penn Orji, Yussif Yakubu, Odafa etc had these qualities. At least the Aussie's had a proven history in the lower leagues but the Africans were so mysterious.

The East Asians are not random but unknown. There is a difference.

Edit: Just realized that this sounded way more harsh than it should have. Sorry.
    Deb_Banmunna219777
    Kim Seng-yong looks so amazing on the ball! Great signing and amazing improvement on Sean Rooney.
    deepakcmunna219777gaffertape
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Just completed watching BFC and SLFC. I dont know which is the case? Was SLFC defense pathetic or BFC attack is too good? I felt it was the former. BFC mid-field defensive wise a lot of work to do. Not convinced by the performance of both Shankar and Malsmzuala. Shankar I felt was worse. Defense was strong as usual. Today I felt the attack was ok but has potential to improve a lot. Loved the cameo from Udanta. 
    ArsenalFan700deepakcashindia
    Yeah, the Aussies who came to India are not random. You are right there.
  • Well randomness also has a factor about the media of that particular country or Wiki Editors..A guy can come from Aussie state league, with no wiki info ( as the state league is considered amateur) but still there can be loads of media outlet and videos about him. While someone coming from Ghana or Nigeria might not have any info about them even if they had played in the 2nd division or similar level.
    Deb_Bandeepakcmunna219777kartik91
    edited January 2016
    While I generally agree to your logic, have any Nigerian/ Ghanaian came to India from lower divisions? I doubt.

Except for Sammy Omollo, John Menyonger and few others (not even Ranty Martins or Odafa).
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29626 Points
    According to Wiki, Ranti did play for King Faisal Babes in the Ghana Premier League.
    ashindiakartik91
    Ya, that was revealed only a few years ago, when Indian football started to gain some more media attention and people in Nigeria and Ghana started to interview him. When he arrived it seemed like he just came from somewhere else.