2015-16 I-League Round 3: The Kolkata Derby

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29622 Points
    @Deb_Ban: Agree with you on most points. Only two issues:
    1) Can't say that Glen and Ranti were shit. Yes, Glen missed some sitters and Ranti can't do much these days until he is provided with balls. But Glen did put in a good head to score from Sony's free-kick and Ranti, apart from scoring the goal, had a shot tipped over the bar by Debjit. They are those sort of strikers who will miss some but at the end of the day, they will also end up on the scorer's list. 
    2) Dong is certainly not the Dong of CFL because of his nagging injury problems and because of the presence of better defenders in the I-League. But apart from that free-kick, he gave a good account of himself on two other occasions. One was in the dying minutes of the first half when his header just missed the post by a whisker and the other was in the second half when he went on a solo sprint, dribbled past two Mohun Bagan defenders and tooka shot at goal which was acrobatically saved by Debjit.
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    Dong will never be effective unless he learns to make spaces for himself. When you have the ability to drible past couple of defenders and a good left foot; you need to cut in from the right and take your chances. 
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    I infact thought Katsumi was shit, didnt provide a single cross. MB's attack line is overhyped, hope they get pasted by BFC.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Meanwhile the salgaocar gaffer says anything less than a win would be disappointing. MfC are unleashing their Japanese striker today....hope he gets a hat trick.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    @thebeautifulgame, hope you were right. But look at the number of Glenn's misses (some easy ones, at that!). In a high pitched game you won't get many chances, nor you can afford to squander so many of them. And Ranti never looked menacing around the MB box. Between the two, Glenn's positioning were better. Both are slow. Yes, they will score, but against softer opponents.

Dong, I am inclined to think, is a soft player. A couple of hard tackles, and he is tamed (we are talking about defenders better than Luciano). Loses the ball often in one-to-one duels. But he does have some good free kicks. In that respect, he is the best in the league.
    reddevil87
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    @Eastbengalpride, haha that's your hope only. This was the first match together for Norde and Glenn. After a few more games, there will be better understanding and coordination. In fact, the link up between Norde and Katsumi was pleasing to the eye in this match itself. Mark my words, this trio will be fearsome in a few weeks time.
    reddevil87
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Was in the stadium yesterday. What an atmosphere it was. Stay tuned for pics tomorrow
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    MFC can't keep missing these chances from 6 yards....seriously...we should be up by 2-0 already The new striker from Cameroon for salgaocar looks well short of match fitness
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    What a goal from Taisuke!!!! Horrible defending from Salgaocar though, that space he was allowed should never happen, should have came out at him earlier.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Chants of "Fuck off Duffy" is not really appropriate for this moment.
    deepakc