2015-16 I-League Round 9: Almost half way there

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    @deepakc What team you are talking about? Mumbai FC has a squad which is built for avoiding relegation and I hope it does so. They should have not let go of Joshimar, atleast he could score a few. I see a weaker Mumbai FC than last season.
    munna219777
  • Why? Did we expect Khalid to be the coach of I-League winning team! Thats too audacious and hairy!  :D
  • Glenn just beat Odafa to be the winner of the slowest I-League striker! It was an evenly contested battle between the three - Glenn, Ranti and Odafa and Glen beat them hands down!

The other two should breathe free that they would not be bullied for being the slowest!  :D  :D
    deepakcDeb_Ban
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    @EastBengalPride MFC have the best CB in the league, certainly the best midfield if Taisuke is playing and their attack is not exactly toothless on paper at least.How exactly is this team built for relegation? Where they lack is the backup staff who can do decent amount of opponents team and a replacement for Taisuke.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    All Sanjoy Sen critics eat your heart out!! Looks like MB will settle the league with at least a round to spare. EB's Ranti might miss important matches, they will happily settle for a top 2 finish with this team BFC seems to have a lot of internal issues to really mount a challenge. However, they should still finish in top 3. Its the relegation battle which is heating up with Afc & Salgaocar picking points & DSK insulated. What happens if DSK finish 9th (in true Pune legacy); does the 8th placed team get relegated?
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    Yes, then the 8th team gets relegated. And about MB winning with a round to spare, we will see once AFC Cup starts and matches pile on. Even for the return derby they have to travel to Siliguri.
    munna219777
  • @deepakc ;I can bet u - any mid table team would hold Bagan this year on smaller grounds like Barasat. Bagan plays long/aerial ball, which is a very predictable move and any team like MFC can snatch a point. Lajong did so. SCG almost did so today. Bagan is an extremely fit team and on natural turf, and if it is bigger in size they would play well - as they can use the width of the pitch and winning would be easier. This box-to-box strategy would misfire time and again for them on smaller grounds.

This is where Sanjoy has failed miserably. No one can deny has the best midfield and strike force(minus Glenn - and Glenn was his choice btw) and 2day also Brendon was replaced by Souvik - how can that fucker play 2 DM and with Lenny being fit and on the bench? If u see his substitution, even a kid would say who would replace him and when? He has almost decided that come what may Glenn would be there to fart around in the park for 60 mins - and would be replaced after an hour.

I like Biswajit's style of play - short passes/with third man move and less of aerial balls. Outcome ?  EB bulldoze past Lajong scoring 4 goals and Bagan got stuck. 

Also since there are only 9 teams, so one will have to wait till the last match to see who emerges as the winner, as the margin of error is too less this time.

DXreddevil87munna219777deepakcgoalkeeparDeb_Ban
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I would top soccorlover's post here.

Having the best midfield with yusa & sony having pace to burn why oh why are they pumping long balls? direct passing game is so suited for this MB team.

I also feel that the fact they keep pinging balls upfront is the reason why MB defense feels the pressure as they dont retain it.

Sabrosa, raju back 2 is not a championship winning back 2.

And yeah pulling an attacking winger to bring in souvik who is defensive while the onus is on u to win the game at home defied logic.

SCG could have come away with a point today, neat passages of play from them only lacking that final ball to go thri, debjit did play well to thwart a couple of attempts.
    deepakcSoccerloverDeb_Ban
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Brandon started because of U22 rule...and came off after that...as usual 
    deepakcsanvedjadhavSoccerloverkartik91