2015-16 I-League Round 9: Almost half way there

1235»

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29245 Points
    Santosh should replace Karanjit with Albino Gomes next game. karanjit has become shit after playing in ISL.
    deepakc
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Luis Barreto is a good teamman, we win! Salgaocar steps closer to relegation. 
    atuljg
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29625 Points
    Bello, aajke ki khello! Seriously, that was a screamer of a header. But IMO, the hero of the match was Mendy. East Bengal needed a leader, someone who could marshall the midfield as Mehtab did during his heydays. Today, he just about chased every ball, threaded some brilliant passes and twice came close to scoring. But East Bengal's performance was average: yes, there was a new-found passion and intensity as in the last game, but there is a lack of creativity when it comes to finishing and penetration. The defence remains consistently inconsistent: they play well for most of the match, and then a howler gives the opponent the opportunity to restore parity. Some of it is due to wrong choice of players, and needs to be seriously addressed in the next season. 
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I dont think salgoacar were all that bad really.
    I think they can get above Shillong or aizwal to stay in the league. 

Coming back to EB, they are just a proper couple of ball players away from challenging MB for the title. Thats the type of direct passing game that MB lacked yesterday. kept the ball far more on the ground than in the air.

Funny seeing jairu run, twice he had players in better positions but the fact he has a neck defect never sees anyone before kicking blindly.

deepakckartik91gaffertape
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    MB perhaps are so hell bent on not loosing that they have compromised on playing style agree @DX
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    If they can get a player like mendy, They can certainly get a player like velez. The style of play is crying out for a pacy goal poacher who sits at the back of the last defender. Ranty gets goals yes, but he isnt a target man nor is a goal poacher that he used to be earlier. Back 2 of bello and arnab are better than the MB back 2 player to player strength.
    thebeautifulgame
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29625 Points
    @DX: Completely agree with you. I had suggested that Velez would be the ideal player for the team in the coming season. However, Velez has joined the Croatian First Football League club Hajduk Split and has a contract with them for two and a half years. Not sure if East Bengal can sign him.