INDIA vs LAOS 2019 AFC Asian Cup Qualification Play-Off Round

Comments

• souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points

:p No discussion on PP's tweet about India playing World Cup qualifier against Laos ? :-)

shibierkartik91deepakc
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29661 Points
    Jeje scores 30 goals in a season . The last time any Indian striker scored 30 or more goals in one season was Baichung Butia in 2003 when he scored more than 30 goals.
    reddevil87NagendraBrainFallINDIAkartik91DXCarbon_14munna219777atuljgspartasanvedjadhavand 1 other.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Jeje has been in form of his life. Hope he continues for couple of more years like this.

His official age = 25 years (+3 for actual age) seems to have the peak of his performance.
    Nagendraashindiagoalkeepardeepak dedhaCarbon_14munna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6501 Points
    +1 to munna219777..

People behaving like as if we are top European and/or south american football playing nation..

Winning away from Home is always good... That too in south east nation and difficult pitch..

Also don't forget that Lao Toyota managed to win against BFC (I league champion)..

munna219777
    ;reddevil87

Do you have a proof that he is hiding 3 years of his age ?? Please don't believe everything you read...

If I ask this question, folks like AKB might say don't you trust without a proof.. Yes.. I need some proof...

As Jeje official YOB is 1991. We can expect he might be over-aged. But we cannot confirm without a proof.

If we are continuing this trend means, we are degrading our own players and country...

This age cheating is mainly due to insufficient knowledge to parents.. also there is no concept of birth certificate prior to 1989 or 1990 ... uneducated parents used to admit their kids late to school and Schools use to give some random date while admitting students if parents doesn't know the exact date. Also parents, relatives and students might NOT be knowing that School DOB will be carry forwarded...
    goalkeepardeepak dedhaatuljgshankar
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    JeJe is actually 30. use this formula to get real age. given age + 5 = real age.
    deepak dedhaNagendrakarenesudhakar2050sanvedjadhavatuljgEastBengalPrideAKBkuldeep007
    @Nagendra ;
    Mate I am not degrading any of my country players here. On contrary, I am really happy and proud of the feat what Jeje has achieved. But at the same time I cant just turn away from the truth. +3 age is a just a number which I quoted. Nobody knows about his actual age. Even you agree with the fact.

I just want to keep the expectation minimal. A striker performs his best when he is 27-29 years (exceptions are always there). By the same rule, Jeje (documented age 25 years) is yet to hit his best. Yet in reality, we might see his performance declining in next couple of years. And please don't think I am making a mockery of Jeje but I cant just turn away from a truth.  

Note: I (and all Indian football fans) have been burnt so many times with false dawn in last decade. So you can understand our resentment. 

NagendragaffertapeCarbon_14Deb_Bangoalkeeparrudra
    ;reddevil87 

thanks for the details..

But I still feel striker will perform better a little earlier than 27...  however 27-29 might be true for goalie... to be frank... I'm NO expert in football and hardly play football.. so, please feel free to reply to me or dislike my comment...
    ;goalkeepar

what's wrong in my statement or comment..
    @Nagendra for a goalkeeper the peak age is around 30-33 years (if his fitness is good maybe beyond 35 years). Take any good goalkeeper, you will see the trend. 
    Nagendra