Dempo tie up with Danish club Midtjylland

rudrarudra 2958 Points
edited August 2011 in Dempo SC
Dempo Sports Club, one of the most successful football clubs at the top level in India, has entered into a partnership with FC Midtjylland (Denmark) to enhance co-operation between the two clubs.
Midtjylland has given a commitment to help provide technical know-how, knowledge of marketing and administration as well as a strong focus on youth development to raise the level of Dempo SC even higher in India and Asia and to make a contribution for the development of football in India.
One of the key areas would be the development of young elite players, which will lead to a new era of sporting and commercial possibilities and this may also provide a springboard for business between India and Denmark to connect. They also have set up a youth academy in Nigeria
Midtjylland has an exceptional track record in youth development, with its academy being a formidable
factory for producing talented players who go on to prove their mettle in bigger clubs all over Europe.
Midtjylland are ranked fourth in the current Danish Premier League and have a win against current leaders and Champions League participants FC Copenhagen.
Dempo boasts of seven National players having won four of the last six I-League matches.
The club has now set its sight on higher goals in Asian football.
The Dempo Group has been very active in promoting sports over the years especially at the grassroots level.
Chairman of Dempo Sports Club, Shrinivas V Dempo visited FC Midtjylland on March 15 and 16,
and both clubs were able to reach a conclusion to work together for mutual benefits.
The partnership activities will be co-ordinated by the International Sports Management Company, New World Consulting.
Shrinivas expressed his excitement over the new initiative and said, “We have been looking at ways to reach greater heights and contribute to the development of Indian football. I am glad that we have found the right partner. I am certain that this partnership will lead to a new era of co-operation that will eventually contribute to greater development
of Indian football.”
Bo Oleson, chairman, FC Midtjylland, expressed his delight stating, “Whilst we have been successful in our short history of this club, we have higher ambitions. I have full faith that India has a lot of potential in terms of football talent and we are happy to have found the right partner in a country which matches our philosophy, commitment and which has tasted success in its own right.”

Source : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.oheraldo.in/news/Sports/Dempo-tie-up-with-Midtjylland/47053.html">http://www.oheraldo.in/news/Sports/Demp ... 47053.html</a><!-- m -->

Comments