Dempo tie up with Danish club Midtjylland

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    seems like mr. dempo has brought some shares of fcm and it is not a cooperation agreement.
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Dempo trio to visit Denmark

Margao: Dempo Sports Club coach Armando Colaco will travel to Denmark along with the team's youth coach Mathew D'Costa and another official on June 5 to interact with the local professional football team FC Midtjylland and understand the European model of soccer.

Addressing a press conference here today, Colaco said the visit is part of an agreement signed between F C Midtjylland and Dempo.

The third person visiting Denmark is Rajiv Kulkarni, Vice-President (Administration) Dempo Sports Club.

The main objective of the agreement is to help Dempo prepare good footballers, Colaco said.

Dempo wishes that at least two Goa players get training in Denmark and become footballers of international repute, he said.

"We are visiting the (Danish) club to understand how they function. We need to get a better understanding of the European model and try and replicate the same here."

"When it comes to youth development, organisation and the system, European clubs have proved to be unmatched. Hopefully, we should be able to pick up a few tips during our trip there," Colaco stated.

There will be a second visit to Denmark along with Maurico Afonso, another Dempo coach, in July when it is summer there and the youngsters train at FC Midtjylland, he said. "We will study their modules which will help our boys here."

FC Midtjylland is renowned for its youth development programme and has an impressive record in preparing young players.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.zeenews.com/news710367.html">http://www.zeenews.com/news710367.html</a><!-- m -->
  • Dempo trio to visit Denmark

Margao: Dempo Sports Club coach Armando Colaco will travel to Denmark along with the team's youth coach Mathew D'Costa and another official on June 5 to interact with the local professional football team FC Midtjylland and understand the European model of soccer.

Addressing a press conference here today, Colaco said the visit is part of an agreement signed between F C Midtjylland and Dempo.

The third person visiting Denmark is Rajiv Kulkarni, Vice-President (Administration) Dempo Sports Club.

The main objective of the agreement is to help Dempo prepare good footballers, Colaco said.

Dempo wishes that at least two Goa players get training in Denmark and become footballers of international repute, he said.

"We are visiting the (Danish) club to understand how they function. We need to get a better understanding of the European model and try and replicate the same here."

"When it comes to youth development, organisation and the system, European clubs have proved to be unmatched. Hopefully, we should be able to pick up a few tips during our trip there," Colaco stated.

There will be a second visit to Denmark along with Maurico Afonso, another Dempo coach, in July when it is summer there and the youngsters train at FC Midtjylland, he said. "We will study their modules which will help our boys here."

FC Midtjylland is renowned for its youth development programme and has an impressive record in preparing young players.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.zeenews.com/news710367.html">http://www.zeenews.com/news710367.html</a><!-- m -->

Really it's a good agreement with danish club.. Also they have qualified for Europa League..
  • <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehardtackle.com/index.php/fc-midtjylland-dempo-sc-tie-up-what-dempo-stands-to-gain/">http://www.thehardtackle.com/index.php/ ... s-to-gain/</a><!-- m -->

Disclosing this at a press briefing last Wednesday, Armando Colaco said there is a MoU between FC Midtjylland Club and Dempo SC and that the aim of Dempo is to produce good footballers through mutual exchange programme between the two clubs. It was also revealed that at least two Dempo players would travel to Denmark and train there to improve their skills and possibly go on to play in the European Leagues. This visit was initially planned somewhere in April but had to be put off until June since both Dempo and FC Midtjylland were right in the middle of their gruelling league schedule. There will possibly be an even longer trip somewhere in July/August where assistant coach Mauricio Afonso and some promising juniors along with youth coach Matthew D’Costa could make the trip to get first hand knowledge about the Danish clubs famed academy and club structure. Their trip to Denmark in July would coincide with FC Midtjylland’s summer training programmes and would possibly give coach Matthew and the junior players a crash course in basic footballing lessons. Colaco also stated that their visit will also help them study various aspects of “creating players” through proper diet regimen, organisation etc.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Armando Impressed with FCM Set-up

PANAJI: Dempo and India coach Armando Colaco, who was on a five-day tour of Denmark to study the academy and coaching at the FC Mitdjylland, was impressed with the way they have been coaching the youth.

"It's a right academy model for nurturing the youth of Dempos in particular and Goa, India in general," said Colaco who signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with regards to exchange of players between the two clubs, study of marketing and training of coaches.

"They believe in the same philosophy as we do believe here in Dempo. Play from behind by keeping the ball possession, build up patiently, spread the game, overlapping, crossing from the wings, cutting back and strong finish.

"They also believe in having dreams and keeping the players happy at all times without any pressure, the way we do at Dempos allowing the players to express freely themselves on the ground," stated Colaco.

"This Academy along with the personnel is incredible, I have no words to express to see how happy I am after going through the academy workouts by the coaches, especially Tony and Lars. They are all full of warmth and enthusiasm, just the way we are at Dempo. Eighteen playgrounds and fantastic academy set up. Its really great, this tie up, a dream come true for our boys.

"All along in my coaching instructions to the aspiring coaches, I always used to talk about Ajax model but now after seeing it in Herning personally, I have to start talking about this FC Midtjylland Youth Academy.

"I have been given to understand that even Ajax and Juventus have started asking them how they have been able to sell 68 players within just a short span of time," stated Colaco.

"The way I have seen and analysed U-14 and U-15, we can definitely send three or four boys at the moment who will do much better in the future than the ones who are there. I have spoken to Soren in this regard and he has agreed to allow few of our young boys in the Academy in spite of Jens having a different opinion," Colaco said.

"Jens said that once the boys come and go they will not be able to go back again, something which we have to sort it out. Their U-17 and U-19 Academy boys are a bit stronger and it will be difficult for our boys to compete with them because of our biological growth but nevertheless, there is plenty of youth potential a great belief in me that after ten or fifteen years we will be able to sell one or two of our players to European countries.

"The very first important thing to do is the ground and the Academy. Soren has told me that the architect who build the stadium at Herning is very eager to come to India and do the planning for us.

"I feel we must built the same type of stadium and the academy quarters the they have it there. The coaching staff behind this project must be equally good if we have to make a mark in the world and that is the reason why I have recommended Cajetan Fernandes and Gavin Araujo, two Youth coaches to help Mathew immediately to work in this project.

"Its a pity that I had to go late due to circumstances beyond my control to see the FC Midtjylland academy but if I had to go there earlier, I would have definitely turned down the India team offer to concentrate fully on this great project," stated Colaco.

Source :- Times
  • <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehardtackle.com/index.php/mighty-midtjylland-bowls-over-armando/">http://www.thehardtackle.com/index.php/ ... r-armando/</a><!-- m -->

However the Dempo stadium needs to be different in the sense that it will have to integrate itself with the academy. Armando has revealed that the architect who built the stadium at Herning is very eager to come to India and plan the Dempo stadium. The Herning stadium is an all seated stadium with a capacity of 12,000 odd spectators. In addition they have quarters that house the Academy boys. Dempo could definitely look to build a similar kind of stadium. They could sell the naming rights of the stadium that could fetch them a princely sum- considering they are one of the best clubs in India at the moment.

Interestingly, FC Midtjylland was the first Danish club to sell the stadium name to a sponsor, resulting in the name MCH Arena. The revenue earned from the naming rights could be used to build the academy. Armando has taken a look at some of the plans including the Ajax Amsterdam model (Amsterdam Arena) which houses a convention centre in addition to other facilities. However that stadium was built with contribution form the municipality, something that Dempo may not be lucky enough to get, making such kind of a project is a bit difficult to build. The Midtjylland academy came up in 2004 and within seven years has transformed into one of the best in Europe – something Dempo can definitely emulate and model themselves on.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    New Delhi, Aug 29 (PTI) Dempo FC, one of India's top football clubs, today entered into a partnership with Denmark's FC Midtjylland with an aim to take the club's development process to another level. The deal, which was inked earlier in the day, is in terms of a long-term commercial and technical partnership between the parties, with Dempo investment strengthening the FCM capital base, and FCM, famed for their academy and club structure, committed to providing technical know-how to the Goan outfit. "Leading Goa-based Indian industrial group, Dempo, with interests in soccer promotion has effected a Share Subscription Agreement with prominent professional Danish soccer club and academy, FC Midtjylland, based in Herning and Ikast," a release stated. The partnership takes the form of an investment of a sum of INR 80 crore approx, translating into a stake of 34 per cent in FC Midtjylland Holdings AS, along with an Indian presence on its board. Under the agreement, the Danish club will share its football expertise with its Indian counterpart, and establish an academy in football-crazy Goa, in collaboration with Dempo. "The investment marks the moment when intent turned into commitment. It's kick-off time for the Dempo foray into truly international football. Our agreement is aimed at raising the playing standard of Indian soccer, and this tie-up with a first-rate European academy and team shall spur the development of the game even faster," said Dempo Group chairman, Shrinivas Dempo. Soren Bach, CEO of FC Midtjylland, said: "It's a historic day for FC Midtjylland and the start of a new era for the club. The agreement enables us to add value to the continuity of our soccer team and retain our own playing talent longer.We can enhance the level of talent development, and begin truly to internationalise the academy."

IBNLIVE.COM