2017 AFC CUP and ACL

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29706 Points
    to allow hong Kong to qualify for group stage of ACL.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Even if we are put in East Zone, it is very very difficult to pass the Preliminary Rounds and progress to ACL Group stage. We have been doing it and failing for so many years.
    AFC Cup is better where we have atleast one group of South Asian clubs.
    Next year AFC Cup is going to be even more competitive with Indonesia, Kuwait clubs returning.

So Aizawl FC will play Preliminary Round of ACL with Arab club and after that a  confirmed slot at AFC Cup 2018.
    Federation Cup winner will play Preliminary Round to qualify for AFC Cup 2018.
    deepakcCarbon_14
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    If AIFF didn't go crazy with Aunty circus & made a proper spread out scheduling of I-League then any club which qualifies for AFC Cup would have tried its best. Success of Dempo & EB were during the time when National League or I- League was played from Sep/Oct to April. But thanks to the cramped crazy I-League scheduling since 2014, the clubs either give priority to I-League or AFC Cup depending upon their position in the I-League. BFC did it last year, Mohun Bagan this year.
     I firmly believe that if AIFF schedules the 18 or even 26 match I-League from Sep/Oct...clubs will have no problem & give AFC Cup due importance.
    Deb_Bansouravindiagoalkeepardeepakcmunna219777samCarbon_14
  • souravindiasouravindia 3663 Points
    I differ on opinion about not playing acl. To become one of the best you need to play with the best. No harm in loosing initially cause everytime you play you gain experience and improve psychologically. Not playing the best, and you will continuously fear the inevitable. It is get that costs us more than technical or tactical qbilitiea
    goalkeeparmohammed_87hassanmunna219777deepak dedha
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Playing this way is just farce; playing for participation's sake. It doesn't contribute to development of your club's play or anything. I'm not talking about the relative strengths or weaknesses of our clubs varsus other clubs; this is about the respective federations making playing these tournaments conducive to the clubs' abilities and wherewithals. Our Fed is making it as difficult as they can make it. Consider last season's situation: MB played a match in Pune I think and take a night bus to Mumbai -- without having a proper cool off -- and landed in a sub-zero temperature to lose haplessly. Whom do you blame? Or this years hectic schedule: in a span of two weeks, the team had to shuttle from the NE to Siliguri to Kolkata to Ludhiana to Colombo to Mumbai to Male. And we complain of the clubs not being serious o Asian tournaments!

As long as there are two leagues running, I do not see any improvement.
    AKBmunna219777Carbon_14
    edited May 2017
    @Deb_Ban spot on mate, it is very easy to criticize the "erring" club by citing National interest, Nation's Pride ....all these sound so nice when it doesn't pinch your own back. Federation the Parent body hopelessly makes it as difficult as possible for the clubs to compete in International tournaments..simply because they are not accountable. Yes clubs are the easiest punching bags & they get punches from all.
    Why AIFF officials are not seen in Federation Cup ? They would be visible only when the Final will be played or if Aunty tells them to go. These shameless Rascals have eaten up our Football & unless they are thrown out we will just get more & more frustrated by their selfish act. These AIFF crooks are a disgrace to Football but sadly they are the Bloody Kings in this Country.
    deepakcDeb_Banmunna219777souravindiaCarbon_14
    Next  engagement for Indian clubs in AFC Cup 2017

17th May        19:00    Mohun Bagan  vs  Bengaluru FC      Rabindra Sarobar Stadium, Kolkata
    Carbon_14
    Mohun Bagan in all likelihood will rest some key players on Wednesday because of the obvious reasons. BFC can't afford to do that as they are in contention for the Knock out slot.
    By fielding a depleted team Mohun Bagan could actually do a favour to BFC because if BFC don't win on Wednesday they may well get knocked out. But the question is whether Mohun Bagan would want to afford an adverse result just before the all important Federation Cup Final against the same opponent.
    Thus a very interesting scenario involving India's 2 most consistent teams for the last 3 years.
    munna219777Deb_BanCarbon_14deepakcdeepak dedha
    MB should field a depleted squad and give Rest to key players.
    BFC should win easily against depleted Mohun Bagan side and for them this victory is vital in their AFC Cup quest.
    This should suit both the clubs.
    Deb_BanCarbon_14deepakcgoalkeepar
    But my friends of IFN will jump & start bashing by saying they are representing the Nation & should give their lives...where as Pappu & his xxx squad rest in AC.
    Deb_Bandeepakcgoalkeepar