Blackburn Rovers

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

if they just somehw make if to the play-offs and come back to EPL...i hope venkys now have a slightly better idea about running a club....also the country's pride at stake bcoz of those chicken shits

• > rudra said:
    > if they just somehw make if to the play-offs and come back to EPL...i hope venkys now have a slightly better idea about running a club....also the country's pride at stake bcoz of those chicken shits

They wont make it. They had 1 chance and they took it. It was all Arsenal today but we just failed to break down the 6 man Blackburn defense.

Credit to them for playing it out for 94 minutes but really it should have been a 4-0 win for Arsenal.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@Arsenalkid700 u forgot somehow rovers scord a goal. 4-1 not 4-0 chould have been

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

I think rovers are having a unbeaten run of 4-5 games now

• > Joyptan said:
    > @Arsenalkid700 u forgot somehow rovers scord a goal. 4-1 not 4-0 chould have been

Thats the point though. The goal would not have happened. If Arsenal scored earlier and put the game to bed earlier, like we should, I am certain we would have went more defensive as Blackburn will start to attack more. We would have also brought on some defensive players. That goal would have not happened and Arsenal move on.

Today our lack of being clinical on chances was on full display. Blackburn packed the box and it worked.
  • > rudra said:
    > I think rovers are having a unbeaten run of 4-5 games now

The commentator said 6.
  • sign rahim nabi ...give pride to india

• jithuvjithuv 340 Points
    edited February 2013

Playoff is still a possibility but tough nevertheless. The fight for 6th place is now between Boro, rovers and Brighton.

The next 3 games including the game today at hull city are key and will give us a reasonable idea about the chances of play-off.

7 or even 9 out 9 points would be required. 

30 points out 45 points should do it for rovers.

Also going into the FA Cup semi-finals is now a strong possibility now; Milwall wouldn't be a walk in the park especially as they are at home but it is best possible tie rovers should have had.

I don't think FA Cup is a big deterrence; at least not in the case of rovers (so far). It has installed a sense of confidence. They have been playing reasonable well since their first A cup tie and there is no evidence to prove it is affected their league performance. Plus look at their bench strength now; can't use FA cup as excuse now for the league's performance drop if any.

The main thing is how Appleton has transformed this team and organised them defensively; he has done a reasonably good job so far. Hope continues. If(very big IF) he manages to get rovers up to premier league and does a reasonable job keeping them in the premier league next season plus a semi finals OR BETTER at FA Cup; I wouldn't be surprised if people then start calling him the English version of Jose mourinho :P

All the best to rovers and Appleton! :)
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

Appleton seems to have been impressive so far