Blackburn Rovers

Comments

• jithuvjithuv 340 Points

Thanks Joyptan. It's new year's eve and I am leaving in an hour's time. I will try to see if I can chalk out something; else there is always Akid who should b able to come up with something good.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@jithuv said:

Thanks Joyptan. It's new year's eve and I am leaving in an hour's time. I will try to see if I can chalk out something; else there is always Akid who should b able to come up with something good.

Then in advance

HAPPY NEW YEAR BRO

edited December 2012

I wanted to write a full fledged article but don't have the time. I just going to state my preferred ones and the ones I don't want to come. Just my personal opinion.

To be looked at/ Realistic options
    Billy Davies
    Simon grayson
    Alan Curbishley
    Glen Hoddle
    Gareth Southgate
    Karl Robinson
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    Sean O'Driscoll
    Steve Bruce
    Sven Goran Eriksson
    Dragan Stojković

Yeah, the last one is kind of a tease and know it is unlikely but I like him as a manager. Would like him at a championship club before he moves on to premier league.

Not Preffered/ Unrealistic options
    Mark Hughes
    Kevin Keegan
    Roy Keane
    Roberto Di Matteo
    Owen Coyle (Mainly due to the Burnley connection)
    Phil Brown
    Kenny Dalglish
    Alan Shearer
  • None of them will be able to come in and work with the current squad. You need a coach who can come in, look at your squad, maybe make 1-3 player signings and work with that squad to get in the play-offs. None of those guys will do that because this is not a situation they have done before.

A guy like Owen Coyle has. Forget the bloody Burnley connection. That should not matter. Tottenham signed George Graham despite his amazing Arsenal connections back in the 90s. 

Burnley connection may not matter to us but it does to the fans. Plus look at what coyle has done in his last 18 months as a manager; nothing of note. His record in that period is worse or close to Steve Kean's record. 

Anyways, there is no perfect formula and they is no guarantee anyone can actually get them a promotion but they need to offer to an experienced manager who can handle the pressure and works hard. Also, hopefully they let manager choose his own coaching staff and give him funds for the making squad changes in Jan. 

Whoever comes in; I wish him, players, fans and the club all the best :)
  • send Karim Bencharifa to Blackburn Rovers. Karim is jobless right now.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited January 2013

No Surprise there :)

BTW, They are letting Gary Bowyer continue as caretaker Manager till end of this Month. He has actually managed to get 2 wins in 2 games and a chance to make it three today in a FA CUP match against Bristol City :)
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

rudra

Pune based Venky's worst owner of English football club 'Blackburn Rovers', finds survey

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-01-04/news/36148939_1_venkys-blackburn-rovers-football-club

This is what happens when u bite off more than u can chew.