ISL Week 7 Discussion Thread

Comments

• So Coppell basically endorses our views! :D 

https://t.co/qKAltDuwll
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9967 Points
    Coppel is missing the plot. It is eyeballs, eyeballs, and eyeballs, not player development or infra development. After 12 games, he should have realized that; there are no confusions.

And by raising those doubts, he is jeopardizing his job. Or, he may get Aunty's pardon as he mentioned "ISL is exciting".
    goalkeepardeepakcmunna219777Carbon_14Domnic
  • Dont think he is interested to come back to India the next time for managing any club! I guess his management skills are good and has done a good job bringing KBC thus far.
    munna219777
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    Kolkata crowed is real dud . Don't cheer unless the ball is in the opposing half .
    munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9967 Points
    Yeah they need education. They really do.
    debarghya89AshishKauldeepakcmunna219777Carbon_14kartik91archak
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Atletico de Kolkata have pretty much solidified their place in the finals.
  • samsam 16441 Points
    7 draws 4 wins 2 loses qualified for semis with a match in hand. Summary of team playing boring football under a gk coach.
    karenesudhakar2050AshishKaulmunna219777red_devil
  • Kolkata has two types of football crowd : 1) People who understand football better than many of us here in the IFN(not mentioning anyone in particular!)and throng the Saltlake stadium where the turnout is almost a lac during MB-EB matches;in case one has been to the famous "Maidan" to watch a 5th divn match, he would see how knowledgeable the crowd is and they support good football, irrespective of who they are supporting. 2) Another set of crowd who turn up for the masala matches like the ISL and most of them who don't understand football and they dont watch the match actually; instead eagerly wait for the time when the TV camera zoom onto him/group, so that he can be seen on the TV(provided ofcourse he is lucky on the given day!). However, even if they are cheering if the ball is in the opposing half, it is still better than many grounds,where we all know the "method" by which the crowd swells for ISL matches watching the oldies in action, but they are nowhere to be seen on the same ground when a more competitive I-League matches are held, as they lack glitz and fanfare! Therefore its better to be a "dud" than otherwise..! ;)
    amirsid123Deb_Banmunna219777debarghya89AshishKaulgaffertapeDXdeepakcred_devilkartik91
  • samsam 16441 Points
    I've watched matches from stands in ISL, Kolkata and I disagree with your comment.
    AshishKaulDXred_devil
  • Even I have watched and hence I disagree with ur comment! The poor crowd turnover in an otherwise soccer crazy city is a reflection of that....
    samAshishKaulDXSunbha123