Indian Super League 2017-18

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    I can assure you that people will come to the stadium irrespective of these Judwa types doing the lungi dance.

Am not able to understand why u still need B grade stars to come and act like they care.

Or They genuinely think people coming are idiots?

U-17 WC brought in very good crowds without all these stupidity. Isn't that proof enough that majority are mature audience?

ArsenalFan700gaffertapeashindiaspartaindian_goonerkartik91sanvedjadhavsouravindia
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Someone should write a scathing article on how much these "Star" owners have actually contributed in bringing fans to the stadium. Agree with a couple of seasons at the max but why in season 4 when people are used to the campaign?

All I could see is they bring their Wags and buddies on free tickets in the VIP box. Most of your camera is aimed at them. Is this what Indian football has become?

Message to IMGR - Cut the crap on this and play quality football, Families and Kids will come. Players and coaches in my opinion are the best ambassadors.
    ArsenalFan700gaffertapeBrainFallINDIAindian_goonerkartik91
  • isn't it compulsory for teams to sign these so called " Ambassadors " (which is bad in first place)?

in that case teams have no choice 

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    That is the bad part, yes
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Rules to be scrapped : ( wish list )

Celebrity Brand Ambassadors

Marquee COACHES 

Foreign Pre season trips.

DXArsenalFan700BrainFallINDIASOCCER4klashindia[Deleted User]munna219777indian_goonerarchakkartik91and 3 others.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Celebrity needs to stay away or even if you can't keep them away Atleast try and be dignified, Frankly Pumping fists and doing the Lungi dance is plain embarrassing to you and the team you are representing.

I know why unnecessary pre season trips, it's where they skim travel money.  I hope going forward when the ISL teams now expected to compete in AFC cups, Any poor performance or early exits will be questionable when they take useless foreign trips like Spain.

In the current environment where Coaches have limited shelf life, bringing in Marquee coaches is unnecessary, Most coaches qualifies are still unemployed. They can come here without any fuss

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Over 80% of ex ISL " marquee coaches " are now unemployed...
    [Deleted User]karenesudhakar2050teji
  • samsam 16556 Points
    Foreign preseason isn't a rule
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Okay?

From 2014, guys like Antonio Habas and Zico were here for the first three years and probably would not have much trouble getting new jobs if they need. Marco Materazzi is a young coach who will probably be assistant somewhere. David James was just a player-coach for Kerala and shouldn't be taken seriously, same with Ricki Herbert who is just shit. Peter Reid is finished and was before coming to India and Harm van Veldhoven is now Technical Director of Roda JC in the Netherlands. Franco Colomba also found a new job but was finished when he came here.

In 2015, Roberto Carlos and Nicolas Anelka were attempts to cut money on a marquee and head coach. Terry Phelan was a caretaker. David Platt is an idiot who hasn't coached since 1999. Cesar Farias has found two jobs since NorthEast United. 

Last season, Molina just recently became unemployed. Zambrotta has moved as assistant to Fabio Capello in China. Nelo Vingada has gotten the job in Malaysia and Guimaraes would probably get another job if he left Mumbai City (I know Canada were touting him before). Steve Coppell has stayed and has helped his career arguably.

The real coaches who come to India come with a good background and would probably get another job if they left.
    [Deleted User]DXmunna219777indian_goonerkartik91karenesudhakar2050amirsid123
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    The real coaches who come to India come with a good background and would probably get another job if they left. - apart of them are also called Marquee coaches