Commonwealth Games 2018 : Mission Gold at Gold Coast

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    Yes Nagendra,I agree that I maybe too Optimistic. :) I just do it to for the Build Up.

25-30 Golds is what we should be Striving for Realistically.
    Nagendra
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29716 Points
    A profligate Indian men's hockey team squandered eight of the nine penalty corners to suffer a 2-3 defeat at hands of lower-ranked New Zealand in the semi-finals of the Commonwealth Games

munna219777
  • samsam 16445 Points
    Is Tharoor in IFN?  :p
    munna219777footydip
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    edited April 2018
    Rubbish performance by Indian Hockey team and Wrestlers.

I will start with Wrestline Team. Bajrang Punia is a classy wrestler-someone who can win Gold Medal even at Asian level and he did well. Other then that, Mausam, Divya and Pooja proved to be a failure. At this poor level of competition, anything short of Gold Medal is equivalent to not even qualifying for Olympics.
    So much hype was created around Pooja Dhanda based on that Wrestling IPL. People should understand that in IPL type competitions, wrestlers dont give there full effort in order to prevent injuries. Any result achieved there should not be taken seriously. It is actual competition which matters. Even Baba Ramdev defeated one Olympic Medalist in Pro-Wrestling. I remember Yogeswar Dutt winning in Pro-Wrestling and then in 2016 Olympics, he looked unfit to even last 1 minute.

About Hockey team, what to say !!! Whole squad was consistent in committing blunders. From experienced players like Akashdeep, Manpreet, Lalit Chinglansena to Sumit, Vivek all were an embarassment today. It took Harmanpreet 9 Penalty Corners to score one.
    In 2018, we are going to have Champions Trophy, Asian Games, World Cup !!!  When will we see a settled squad. How players like Vivek got selected ??
    Carbon_14
    @Nagendra In 2022 Commonwealth games, Shooting will not be there as Birmingham does not have such a facility. Surprising but it will make a serious dent on medal prospects of India. Commonwealth Games used to be a Gravy Train for Indian shooters for recognition and prize money. In Asian Games, standards are tough.
    Nagendra
    Hoping for a Super Saturday Gold Rush for India. Gold Medals are expected in Wrestling, Badminton, Boxing,  Table Tennis along with some other events too. Expect between 10-15 Gold Medals tomorrow.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited April 2018
    Munna,you are right when you say that in Commonwealth Games is not of the same level as maybe say in Asian Games.

However,specially in Women's Category Some Canadian and Nigerian are really strong (Olympic and World Championship Medalist).So,loosing to them doesn't mean that You don't have a level.

Odanayo(to whom Pooja lost is World Wrestling Championship Silver Medalist).So,she is no slouch.
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Sakshi lost her bout after leading 8-2 at one point with 1min20 sec to go.

Really bizarre performance from her. Disappointing to say the Least.That's another Gold Medal Gone.
    Carbon_14munna219777
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    sumit wins gold in 125 kg category
    Carbon_14munna219777