I-League 2018–19

Comments

• indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    I-League will be the perfect platform to bring Kashmir to the mainstream. If we can show Love and respect to the players, this will really help to change their mindset and perception towards India. Mind that these players have spent most of their lives under guns and propaganda of the separatists. If they see that Indians don't actually hate them and, it can go a long way to help the cause of Indian government in achieving peace in the valley.
    thebeautifulgamenamewthelddeepuRonnygoalkeeparfootydipSoccerloverEastBengalPridespartasouravindiaand 3 others.
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    This is the best thing about I-League. Even an obscure team from Kashmir or Manipur can qualify and play in the top division. This will be the ultimate romance of I-League, wgiwhISL will never be able to match.
    deepugoalkeeparBrainFallINDIAspartasouravindiamunna219777kartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    Expecting to make the I-league Round 1 thread tomorrow night
    Deb_Bangoalkeepar
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    https://khelnow.com/news/article/i-league-2018-19-official-launch

12th edition of I-League launched in New Delhi, teams turn out in force

This season the nation's top flight will feature 11 teams from 10 states across the country.

The All India Football Federation (AIFF) on Tuesday officially launched the 12th edition of the Indian I-League at an event in New Delhi. India's top football league will see 11 clubs from 10 states battling it out for the coveted title. The league will run over a period of six months.

Debuting in the league, Real Kashmir will look to put the state of Jammu and Kashmir on the footballing map of the country. Being the 2nd Division champions, they join the pool of the existing 10 teams from the previous campaign in the league. Goan outfit Churchill Brothers, on the other hand, had their relegation waived and were reinstated in the league.

“We are very happy to welcome Real Kashmir to the league. The pan-Indian presence of the league has been its unique feature in the last few editions. Furthermore, with the Valley state entering its fold, the I-League yet again stands as a true testament to how it has played a critical role in spreading the game to all corners of the country,” said AIFF President Praful Patel.

“The I-League has been scouting and nurturing current and future stars of Indian football over the years. This year we have 11 teams from 10 states fighting for the top honours in the 12th edition. I wish luck to all the participating teams,” Kushal Das, General Secretary, AIFF stated.

The 11 teams include, defending Champions Minerva Punjab, 2nd Division champions Real Kashmir, Kolkata clubs East Bengal and Mohun Bagan, Neroca FC, Aizawl FC, Shillong Lajong, Churchill Brothers, Indian Arrows, Gokulam Kerala and Chennai City.

Elsewhere, the federation's development side Indian Arrows will play from Odisha this time around with Floyd Pinto as the head coach of the young team.

This year the I-League will be broadcast Live & Exclusively on the Star Sports Network and their digital platform Hotstar, along with Jio TV. The 12th edition will also be rewarding for the players with significant prize money at stake for the top teams - Winners (₹1 Crore), Runners-Up (₹60 Lakh), Third Place (₹40 Lakhs) and Fourth Place (₹25 Lakhs). 

Carbon_14spartamunna219777
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    Real Kashmir's emblem looks inspired from Leicester City, still its one the best ones in I-league.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Kashmiris thinking Indians "Don't actually hate them" is a ridiculous thing to say.

Kashmiris and Kashmir has always been an integral part of India so much we give our lives defending it for them to enjoy 370 section.

It's propaganda that they think they can be better off without us.

Only need to see across in POK how they live to see the difference. It's on the contrary that they dont integrate with us.
    Carbon_14goalkeepar
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    edited October 2018
    Kashmiris thinking positive about India/ Indians is not going to happen, with players like Bhat thinking Pakistan as Fatherland ("Baap Baap hota hai, ❤ Pakistan"). They all are closet Pakistan sympathizers. This is also from my first hand experience with them.
    goalkeepar
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    More sporting events definitely help in improving situations. There was a time when Football Matches of national level were difficult or say almost impossible to be hosted in north east due to militancy. Lot of hostile elements were there against anything mainstream Indian. We have people from Assam, Shillong and other parts of NE at IFN and  they can explain it better then me. But then in later 90s, santosh trophy, National Games came to Manipur. SAAF/National  games came to Assam and now ISL, I-league, regular cricket matches. New generation has started to look at sports beyond politics and this is what we want.

Kashmir valley has shown enthusiasm for football when santosh trophy was held there in Bakshi stadium, Srinagar. Now they have their own club. Lets hope this give an opportunity for fans there to connect with the game.

spartaCarbon_14goalkeeparsouravindia