2020 AFC U-23 Championship

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    @ajmal Liston is any day better then Daniel, even the two upcoming strikers of salgaocar Devendra and Ronaldo are better then Daniel 
  • some observations from today's match 

1. we started well in first 30min or so and had better chances than Uzbekistan
    2. our defence in first half was quite organised in first 45min except for  penalty conceded 
    3. changte was missing in first half but overall we didnt use flanks that well which also resulted in less corners
    4. half of the team is incapable of playing physical game e.g. at 80th min Uzbek player oston had run from their half around (25m mark) till our end box he managed to muscle past atleast 4 players in process which is huge
    5. players were extremely tired in last 15min, that brings question why Derrick didnt use subs till last moment
    6. so basically for both 4th and 5th point we need to control pace of the game (either by keeping possession or by disrupting opponents passing by doing soft fouls), Also this team needs to play few more matches together at same level so that they will have better understanding 
    7. sarthak was worst player on the pitch followed by Daniel (both are damn slow in terms of reactions and movement)
    8. Anwar Ali was best among all
    9. look at all goals, they were all avoidable imo
       1st- sarthak and rahul both were at fault which lead to bora's tackle
       2nd- pure non sense stuff from sarthak again
       3rd- nishu was tired and literally let go of winger who did further damage
    10. as of now I cant say much about overall squad selection (team has not gelled up well thanks to AIFF one friendly plan)
    11. uzbek players are incredibly fit and fast , they covered ground well... we had chance to shake them by attacks on wings (which was their only drawback) which we didnt except for initial moments 
    12. lastly komal had one glorious chance but our luck was bad that ball hit post(so technically we actually had 3 clear chances)
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Daniel FFS! You appoint assholes like Derek you get results like that! 
    [Deleted User]goalkeeparkarenesudhakar2050
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Once  I said in this group  Derrick  is not suitable to coach  Indian  u-23ageteam. Presently the best  Indian coach available for is Khalid or babino. though Khalid brand of football is not attractive  but he can produce results for us. Appoint foreign coach and Khalid as assistant coach for senior team. Most of the Indian coaches are outdated 
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    I'd say Floyd Pinto should be considered. The man has done a terrific job with the Arrows .
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys,what is the next Assignment/Tournament for the Indian National Men's Team(At Any Level) after U-23 Qualification Tournament??
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    Thailand gold cup 
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Anwar Ali is a superb defender. Never seen an India CB who is composed, comfortable with the ball andapasses so well. If he can grow little taller he will be a beast. 
    DEFENCE123souravindiagoalkeepar
  • todays line up

Liston 

Changte   Sahal Thapa  Komal

Amarjit/Rohit

Nishu     Anwar      Bora    Sarthak

Gill

I know sarthak was shit, but i dont think derrick will change so many things (plus asish rai is usually average when played for 90 min)
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Sarthak in lineup .?