2020 AFC U-23 Championship

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Overrated Indian team hyped by AIFF media has been bought down to earth by two hard working central Asian teams. AIFF media manager can now suck his own dick. 
    DEFENCE123trojanBrainFallINDIAkarenesudhakar2050goalkeeparspartasouravindiadeepu
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited March 2019
    As usual  positive thing from this tournament is that derrick wont become our NT coach.. Lets celebrate this :blush:
    DEFENCE123karenesudhakar2050SOCCER4klashindiagoalkeepardeepu
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Dick should be nowhere near village team, let alone NT
  • SOCCER4klSOCCER4kl kerala451 Points
    I think the only positive from this tournament is Anwar ali
    ashindia
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited March 2019

Targeting Asian Cup Qualification

Even as the Indian national football team was firing blanks in FIFA World Cup qualifiers, AIFF president Praful Patel built castles in the air about India making the 2026 FIFA World Cup in North America. The AIFF's strategic plan, however, has modest expectations for the national team, which is just achieving qualification for the 2023 Asian Cup.

"The AIFF has grand plans for the U-23 team. It hopes the Indian U-23 side qualifies for the 2020 edition of the AFC U-23 Championship in Thailand and finishes in the top 16. For 2022, the AIFF thinks the U-23s will reach the quarterfinals at least."
    ----- can someone elaborate the meaning of "grand plan"

Even the U-19 side has been set the same targets in the AFC U-19 Championship

Similarly, the AIFF, through its Baby Leagues scheme, wants to develop the U-16 team and make it finish in the semifinals gradually in the AFC U-16 Championship

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/after-u-17-world-cup-aiff-hopes-to-bring-fifa-the-2021-u-20-world-cup-to-india
    ashindiagoalkeeparmunna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    We looked as unorganised as fuck.Lack of Preparation was evident.In today's match,we were the better team.

I honestly believe that if we had a better coach and better preparation then we could have qualified.

I mean Anwar Ali was playing left back at times.I don't know why?? Great Coaching and Tactics,play your best Centre Back as a Left Back.Makes Perfect Sense!!

Defensively,We have improved in terms of passing composure.We can pass from the back(Not always but still,there were numerous occasions where we did it successfully).
    However,lack of understanding among the back line and presence of Sarthak and Gaurav Bora(I thought he was poor too.Gave the Penalty which changed the whole scenario in the first match and was lucky today to not get red carded) impacted it negatively.

Offensively, we have players who have speed and skill but they lack composure,finishing and their decision making is extremely poor.They don't play the right ball.The skillful players try to look attractive by trying Tiki-Taka passes when their is no need and the lesser players will pass it backwards and spoil the whole move. Their is no BALANCE in the though process when going forwards.

Positives from the Tournament:-

1)The Tournament is Over.Thank God!!

2) Anwar Ali (I think he is ready for the Senior Team to play along side Jhingan.He is a Complete Centre Back in my opinion and the Brightest Prospect that we have in and around the Team).I Feel he is destined for Bigger Clubs in Europe).At 18-19,he has got all the attributes of a top Class Defender.

3) Sahal, One of the best Indian Dribblers I have seen.Lacks vision and padding to play as a CAM.However,can prove very effective in my opinion if played on the Flanks.Has got exceptional ball control,speed and Trickery.

goalkeeparDeb_Banashindiamunna219777Carbon_14
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29629 Points
    How did Dheeraj play today?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    Horrible, both goals were his mistakes 
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited March 2019
    Dheeraj was okayish.Nothing Too Great.

I personally don't feel that he was at fault for any of the goals.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Dheeraj Moriangthem took a lot of time to dish out a very feeble Goal Kick. The ball did not even reach the Center Line  and Tajikistan players pounced on the ball and their move created the first goal.

Dheeraj look tentative and nervous in his decision making - to come forward or not.

For second goal, 5-6 tired Indian players were standing in one line and made it easy for Tajikistan to score.

Lackluster performance.

This team lost 3 matches and failed to score any goal !!!!
    goalkeepar[Deleted User]Carbon_14